CHAPTER 4: Fallout

Snarts P.O.V

Allison and Caroline had just left a few moments ago.
The maids were cleaning up the dishes; the maids we hid from the girls because we didn't want them suspecting we were that rich.

Allison looked quite beautiful today in that outfit this evening.

Jeremy began to walk up to me furiously and the asked,
"Caroline?"

"Yes. Caroline. Do you have a problem with that brother? Or perhaps you want to keep them both? "

"You can get things done without involving more people Snart. So why?" Jeremy asked.

I felt furious.

"Get what done huh? An assignment that gets to decide who takes over our father? Who gets to be the next drug lord? Sorry if I go way out of line to get it done." I yelled at Jeremy.

"Of course. Easy for you to say, you have always been the best son. The spitting image of our father. In character and every other thing. You have always been the favorite son no matter how much I prove myself." Jeremy said.

"True but I don't want to be the next drug lord as much as you want to. You want to please father at all cost. Don't you think of yourself in the process? You know what I want? I want a normal life with a normal girl." Snart said.

"Caroline? We both know you don't like her." Jeremy tossed back.

"I do not like Caroline but that doesn't mean I do not care for her.  Though she is a means to completing and assignment. This is a battle Jeremy and in battle damage happens. Caroline is just the collateral damage. " I said.

"Hurt her or not. I do not care. Allison is yet to fess up about being an Atravesar." Jeremy said.

"And your plan is what exactly? Get her to trust you? And then just get this done? I am not certain poor innocent Allison knows about her family's true business." I said.

"Oh spare me the charade brother. This nice girl act? That's all it is. An act." Jeremy said.

Here I am searching for the right ways to explain things to my younger brother.
I took in a deep breath.

"I don't think so. Caroline knows the truth about Allison being an Atravesar. So If Allison knows about the true family business then I am positive Caroline knows as well. All I have to do is find out from her." I said to Jeremy.

"You see this brother? Using Caroline as your source? It's not going to take you anywhere. I am still ahead of you because I am getting my information from the horses mouth. The mouth of the Atravesar heiress." Jeremy shot back.

"This is not a competition Jeremy!" I yelled at my brother.

Jeremy looked at me from head to toe and walked towards the stairs. He then stopped and stared at me before saying the words,
"Oh! Yes it is."
And then he walked away.

Caroline's P.O.V

Allison let me drive the car back home.
The journey was quiet and quick. We got home and Allison stepped out of the car without saying a word to me.
I lazily followed and went into our dorm.

"Seriously Care? Snart?" Allison shot at me immediately I shut the door behind me.

I stared at Jayden who was laying on her bed eating from a pack of twizzlers.

"It's no big deal okay? I was going to tell the both of you soon." I said.

"What's going on here? Allison how was the date?" Jayden asked.

Allison turned to Jayden and started rambling.

"The date? I saw Caroline in Jeremy's house. Why was she there? She's been dating Snart for over 2 weeks now and couldn't say anything? I get that she tries to be like me at any given chance she gets but this? Dating the other Fletcher brother? Its so unbelievable."

"Allison. You don't have any right to speak about me like that. I'm right here." I shot at Allison.

"I know what this is about. You couldn't get Jeremy so there. You went for the other brother. But that's not what pisses me off care. What pisses me off is that you couldn't tell us? Your bestfriends? Why are you constantly doing this?" Allison said.

"Shut up Allison. You don't know nothing. Me? Try to be like you? No way. Girl you're the daughter of the richest family in Texas and Mexico but here you are at college lying to everyone about your last name because you're tired of being a spoilt brat? You want to try and be normal? Girl you can't be normal! And no! I don't want to be like you because you know why? I enjoy being Caroline Fisher. I enjoy being the rich kid and I don't have to go around like a coward pretending to be a damsel in distress." I shot back.

Phew! I can't believe I said that in less than a minute!

"Hey. Y'all know what's gonna happen? Everyone gon calm down okay?" Jayden said standing from her bed and dropping the pack of twizzlers.

Allison sat on her bed. I could see the tears creeping out but she as holding it back.

And there it was, the big bang in my heart. Guilt. And that's because I  said words that hurt my bestfriend.

"I am sorry Allison. I got angry. I didn't mean any of it."

"No Caroline. You did. And you know what hurts? It's all true." Allison said.

Jayden and I sat beside Allison as we consoled her.

"You are not normal Allison. And it's great because this world needs a little bit of your abnormalities. I didn't tell you guys about Snart because I was trying to work it out with him. I wanted to be certain of the fact I made the right choice with him." I said.

"I'm sorry to Care. I'm sorry for always misunderstanding you." Allison said.

"It's okay. You guys are my bestfriends. Guys like Snart may come and go but you guys are my constant." I said.

And the three of us hugged it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's it.
So now we saw things from Snart and Caroline's perspective.
From next chapter the story is going to get heated.

Next time muffins!!

@Jaynee03