✧~ Sacrifice ~✧

WARNING ⚠️

this chapter contains themes such as violence, major character death, blood and gore. if you are sensitive to this, then please leave! i don't want to trigger anyone!

if you've read the warning above... thank you.

summary/note: you were in an intense battle with a villain, but your lover was quick to sacrifice himself just for you. ⚠️

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇

People thought that being the countries greatest hero was amazing

People thought that being the countries greatest hero was amazing. They thought that being a hero meant that you held immense power and could fight off any villain you wished. Unfortunately for you, that wasn't really the case.

Sure, you (along with you partner), were the countries greatest heroes and did possess a great amount of power and strength. However, you couldn't just fight off any villain that you wished too: you had to work hard in order to do so, like most things in life.

Sometimes, even if it was just for one villain, you would have to train for years and years just so that you had some tactics and skills in order to fight them off for good. And that sure took a lot of effort. But even then, more and more villains would come back, demanding a fair fight.

Being a hero was extremely hard, of course it was. But you didn't regret chasing your dreams and becoming one. Not at all. You thought it was a distant dream that you would never be able to obtain, but look where you were now - the countries number one hero with the countries other number one hero right by your side at all times.

All of that extra training paid off - especially for today as you were currently in an intense battle with a well-known villain. (just so you know, this villain is made up by me, it's not actually in the anime)

This villain just would not give up. She was so desperate to just end you that it got to the point where she was centimetres away from stabbing you.

"I will kill you, and you know it!" She cackled whilst swinging her sharp dagger near your face once again. However, you were quick to dodge by ducking down.

"Stop trying, you wont succeed." You smirked before standing up once again.

The villain looked very amused. You watched as her thin lips twitched into an evil smirk before she stepped closer to you. She was well-known for killing hero's such as yourself.

"Where is your husband? Is he that much of a coward to not be helping you?" She spat, glaring at you as she gripped her dagger tightly in her hand.

You scowled. "No. He's on a mission."

"Such a lame excuse." The woman chuckled, shaking her head in disbelief.

You didn't even have time to answer since she decided to swing her dagger at you once again.