Chapter 97 - The Big Day

***DYLAN'S POV****

Today is the day. I'm going to get married.

Holy shit, this is really happening, isn't it?! I can't believe it! I'm so nervous...

We rented out a venue big enough for the people we invited which weren't really that many but still enough. The good thing about this is that we were able to rent a spot with a section outside the building we will be holding the reception where we could hold the ceremony.

I readjusted my bowtie for what felt like the hundredth time.

What if I freeze out there? What if it's way too much attention? Should we have just quickly eloped instead? Either way, it is far too late now.

"Relax, I'm sure it's going to be okay. I mean look at you, you look like you're ready to get married, hell, you've made it this far, what could go wrong?" Andrea, yes, I call her that now, tried to calm me down.

I looked at myself in the mirror in front of me. I was wearing a white suit, with a black collar, a white button down shirt underneath, and a black bow tie to top it off. Despite how much Cupid loved to be the center of attention, he convinced me to accept that I would be the one to walk down the aisle last, you know, like a bride would except I'm not a bride just the other groom.

Suddenly, I could hear the hustle and bustle of the people outside, it seemed as though we were about to begin.

They should be taking their seats at this time.

I grew even more nervous. Then began to think. I looked at myself once more in the mirror and smiled then let out a sigh.

It would be nice to have more of what should have been my family here. I feel like most of the people who were invited have relations to Cupid, I barely have anyone here for me.

"You know, more than half those people out there are here for you too," Andrea pointed out.

I flushed with embarrassment, "You can read my thoughts too?!"

"Yeah, but I don't usually do it often, I just figured you were thinking about something depressing on a very happy day so I thought I should listen in to see what was making you sigh. Turns out it was something you misread."

"Sorry, I just can't help but feel a bit self-conscious about not having many people I know here," I hugged my arms.

"You shouldn't feel that way like I said, the people you both invited here care about the both of you, they came for both of you. Now, where's that smile? It's your big day! Damn, you're getting married and I'm still a single pringle..." She looked at herself in the mirror and inspected her face, "Do you think I'm getting old in the face, should I make a potion?"

I laughed, "You're barely in your what? Thirties? And to be honest, you don't even look a day over 25, you'll be fine, you just haven't met the right person. I'm sure if I, the kid who was basically doomed to die forever alone, can somehow find a lover, you will too."

She made a fake crying face, "Dylan, have I ever told you how grateful I am to have you as my somewhat son?"

Before I could say anything the door opened, Molly walked in "Guys—wow! You look amazing!"