Chapter 83 - Dearest Mother

***CUPID'S POV***

"So, I've heard that the two of you have gotten bold since the last visit," Mother was pissed, all of us including my stupid brother were sitting at a dining table, a small one fit for specifically four people.

"It's n—"

"Who would have thought?" She cut me off before I could explain anything. "I sent your brother to spy on you and he comes back talking about how you upset him at an amusement park," she angrily broke the arms of the lobster on her plate.

Dylan looked over at me probably because she mentioned the amusement park.

"I asked him to watch over you two while I go deal with some important stuff today and he comes back screaming his head off about a marriage," she snapped the head off of the lobster this time and slammed it onto her plate. "Do you mind explaining all this to me?!"

Okay, so she's more than pissed.

"Mom, Anteros is a liar," was all I could say.

"Nuh-uh!" he responded quickly.

This is going to be hard to explain, especially since she favors Anteros more and will believe him.

"Then what the hell is this Eros?!" She grabbed Dylan's hand and pointed at the ring.

"That doesn't mean we're getting married, either way, this wasn't what we came here to talk about."

She let go of him and sighed, "You're right, you're right, I'm just worried that you are moving into this whole new life too quickly."

"That's what I'm saying," Dylan mumbled and I glared at him. "What? It's true!"

"Wait, you actually agree with me?" Mother had on a shocked expression.

"Well, yeah, I mean marriage is a big commitment, proposing so soon is not a good idea until both people know that they will one hundred percent be happy together forever," Dylan explained.

"Well, well, well, I guess my idiot son picked up a smart lover," she crossed her arms and looked at me.

Is this Dylan's way of getting brownie points? Siding with my mother?

"Let's change the subject, why did you call us here after what happened last time?" I asked turning the tables.

"Uh...well, I'll admit, I did feel a little bit bad about last time, it was the first time I believe I went too far," she immediately got embarrassed.

"The first time?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Shush, now, since we are on this topic, I'd like to talk to Dylan," she turned to Dylan who was beside her, "I deeply apologize for what happened last time, there is no excuse for my actions."

"It's fine! I totally understand, I mean Eros is your son and I'm sure hearing that he was dating a regular unimportant human was a big surprise to you," Dylan uneasily laughed.

Anteros gasped.

Ugh, here we go again...

"Unimportant?! No way! Dylan, my dear! You are so important, if you make my brother happy then you are worth something, don't talk bad about yourself, right Mother?" He actually said something that wasn't annoying.

Mother looked ashamed of herself that even her favorite son was quick to accept the relationship Dylan and I had. "You're right, it doesn't matter whether or not you are the person I wanted my son to marry, I have no right choosing for him, he should be the one to fall in love with whomever he wants, I was very wrong and I called you two over so that I could take responsibility."

"Seriously, it's okay, everyone makes mistakes. We learn from them later on so it's fine. I accept your apology and I'm sure Eros does too," Dylan elbowed me knowing I was about to disagree.

"Yes, I too, forgive you, Mother," I smiled gritting my teeth.

I mean it's good that she apologized and has realized her mistake, but she still got pissed at the whole marriage thing.

"Anyway, enough about this, how is it that someone as cute as you Dylan, ended up with my grumpy egotistical brother?" Anteros changed the topic.

"Cute?" I gave him a deathly glare, "You better watch what you call my boyfriend."

He rolled his eyes, "Oh relax, you and I both know I love women."

"Yeah, too bad you friend zone yourself way before they can even fall for you," I mumbled.

"Boys! No fighting at the dining table," Mother cut in.

"He started it," I crossed my arms.

"As if!" Anteros threw a piece of tomato at me.

I gasped, "You little shit! Yes, you did! Dylan is mine!" I threw an orange at his face like a softball.

Hopefully, I made orange juice with that action.

"How dare you!" He threw some bread at me.

"Both of you enough!" Mother stood up but we were far too pissed to listen at this point.

***DYLAN'S POV***

Cupid and his brother were throwing food around so I stood away from the table not wanting to get dirty.

I heard someone sigh from beside me, it was Aphrodite, "Are you seeing what I had to deal with for years," she motioned towards her kids.

"Trust me, he's even childish when his brother isn't around," I shook my head.

"I knew he didn't grow out of it," she rolled her eyes.

"Maybe one day he will, then again, I think it suits him," I looked over at my stupidly adorable boyfriend.

Honestly, I hope he never changes.

"Welcome to the family Dylan, just don't break my baby's heart, he may put up a front, but he's actually a softie," she crossed her arms and looked at her children, a small smile appeared on her lips.

I was taken aback by her sudden support but I didn't ruin the moment. "I definitely won't, he's the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"So, about that marriage," she turned to me.

"Huh?! No! We aren't—"

"I know, I know, but when you do decide that it's time, I'd be glad to come and see it, it'd be nice seeing my son finally get married," she cut me off.

"Oh, yeah, I will make sure you are invited, I mean it won't happen soon, but it will one day," I agreed.

"Mom, I think I knocked him out," Cupid walked up to us, his entire outfit destroyed and dirtied by food.

"Ugh, call me Mother, I will have a talk with you later you idiot son," she went to pick up her other idiot son.

"So what did you guys talk about?" He asked wiping away some mashed potato from his shoulder.

"Nothing, just stuff," I shrugged.

He moved his face closer to mine as if it would help him find out what I was hiding, "Stuff?"

"Yes," I reached over and wiped some lobster meat off of him.

He stood up straight, "We should go home, I need a shower."

"That you do, let's go," I grabbed his hands.

Home huh? I guess it is our home now.