Chapter 75 - Rules, Rules, Rules!

***CUPID'S POV***

"Why am I always being called by the Council Gods? It's not fair, I'm always being discriminated against!" I pouted.

"You're the idiot that always finds a way to get in trouble, you literally break the rules on purpose! I've told you countless times not to break the rules and you never listen, now you have to see the Council and I have to see your Mother and tell her what you've done," Melody crossed her arms and sighed.

"Still, it's not fair!" I continued to whine.

"Enough complaining, we're here," we entered the building.

"Hello! What can I do for ya?" The receptionist waved us over.

"This is Eros, one of the Council Gods' called for him," Melody answered.

"Ah yes, Eros, let's get you to your room," he tapped me on the shoulder and I teleported.

***

I was in the stupid room tied down to that stupid chair with the stupid invisible restraints. I looked around and spotted one of my embarrassing memories.

God damn it, I'd like to forget that once in a while, you know?

"Eros," the person sitting behind the desk called my attention.

It was Council God number 5. The Council gods in higher positions go by numbers so their real identities are kept a secret. It is disrespectful to call them anything but their rank. The only exception to this is Mushroom, I can call him that because he's an asshole.

"Hey there Council God 5, nice day we're having, right?" I sarcastically spoke.

"You've caused so much trouble these years, I doubt there will ever be a warm welcome to you by any of us," he sighed readjusting his glasses.

"Ouch, that's a little mean," I frowned.

"Enough already, let's get on to business, you've not only broken rule number 1...again, but you've also broken rule number 78."

"Uh...well, you see—"

"Let me finish," he cut me off. "This is a new record for all gods, in total you've revealed your true identity to four people, then again, I'm not surprised."

"It was an accident!" I huffed.

"Everything is always an accident for you," he rolled his eyes, "It says here that you also abused the power of your arrows, didn't Athanasius talk to you about this? Do I need to have a chat with him?" He threatened.

"No! He did a good job talking to me about it, I was the one who didn't listen, I'll admit to that," I was worried they'd fire Athanasius.

"At least we are getting somewhere with this meeting. Now tell me, why do you resist our rules so much? You are the most troublesome God we've had to deal with, you're lucky you're one of the special ones," he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Actually, that's not true, you guys are the ones who see me as troublesome just because of what I do, if anything, I've been trying my best all these years to be able to decently do my job," I retorted.

"Oh really? Then why is it that I find that unbelievable?" He laughed at me.

"This is why I hate coming here, you guys always belittle me, it's like you all have it out for me! I never see my siblings get called here for the trouble they cause! Why am I always being singled out?!" I yelled, frustrated with all this pent-up anger.