Chapter 40 - Operation reject him

***DYLAN'S POV***

"So who thought it'd be a good idea to text you in the middle of the goddamn night?" Cupid asked as he took a sip of my coffee knowing clearly that he had his own.

"Don't fucking do that and it was Andrew, I think he wants to confess we're supposed to meet after his shift, which speaking of, it's about to be time," I saw Cupid clench his jaw at the mention of Andrew's name.

"Well, a being can only hope it's the end," he pushed his mug away and put his head down.

"Is something wrong Cupid?" I asked, concerned.

He looks so exhausted and worried.

"Yeah, just having a bad feeling about all this, but it's probably just a feeling, so what time are we going to go?" He picked up his head and put on a fake smile.

"...Okay. Well, he said 10 AM sharp so in like a couple of minutes since it's 9:57 AM already."

"Well, then get dressed you at least want to look presentable, not that he'll benefit from that," Cupid got up to wash his mug and also change his clothes with a snap of his finger.

He was wearing a white T-shirt and some faded jeans along with his glasses, surprisingly he left his hair messy.

Why can't we just stay here...

Now I was just staring at him and he caught on.

"Like what you see?" he asked with a smirk.

"Wh—no, as if," I said walking away with a flushed face.

***

By the time we made it to the shop, I was 10 minutes late since Cupid kept stalling.

"Hey! You made it, I thought you were gonna flake on me," Andrew said nervously.

This is definitely a confession.

"Sorry about that my roommate wouldn't stop bothering me," I said glancing at Cupid even though I was the only one who could see him.

"That's fine, so, can we go somewhere else? I need to tell you something in private," he scratched the back of his head.

"Sure."

***

Once we made it to a private place, which was an empty alleyway, he turned to look at me who was currently worried since this looked suspicious.

"His idea of private is an empty alleyway!?" Cupid hissed, "Don't worry Dylan, I'll come in and save you if he tries anything remotely weird," he added, glaring at Andrew.

"Wow, my hero," I breathed out sarcastically.

"Did you say something?" Andrew asked as he finally got into a comfortable stance.

"Yeah, I asked you why we are here," I lied.

"Right. So, I know you thought I wanted to be friends, but the truth is I had different intentions, I actually wanted to be..." he struggled to find the right words.

"Actually, I think I know what you mean, and I also needed to tell you something I've been keeping from you too," I said trying to stop him from actually confessing.

I'll just tell him that have a boyfriend then he'll definitely forget about me and leave.

"Really? Then I think it's better if I just show you..." He said getting closer.

"Wh—" his lips pressed against mine and I swear heard Cupid explode.

"NO, YOU FUCKING SHIT! DON'T FUCKING TOUCH WHAT ISN'T YOURS," Cupid yelled as he swung his arm causing a strong wind to hit the brunet and send him flying towards the wall hitting his head in the process.

Meanwhile, I was literally throwing up in a corner.

Cupid began shooting a different type of arrow at a passed-out Andrew, one with a dark broken heart which I'm guessing did the reverse of what the full red ones did.

...wait...

"CUPID STOP! YOU'LL GET IN TR—" before I could finish, everything went black.