Chapter 65 - Attempt 1: Mischief

***DYLAN'S POV***

It was April and I was on spring break. Rachel and Rose asked us to go on a "trip" with them, but for some odd reason, they didn't want to tell us the destination.

"I spy with my little eye...a grouch," Rose and Cupid had been playing this stupid game for an hour now and I was extremely close to throwing myself out of the car.

"I see one too," Cupid turned to smile at me.

"Do you guys want to know what my little eye sees?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"What does your little eye see Dylan?" Rose gave me a fake smile.

"My little eye sees two possible murders in the next couple of minutes if nuisance number 1 and 2 don't shut up."

"We're just trying to kill time Dylan, don't be such a wet blanket," Cupid rested his head on my shoulder and sighed.

"I'm going to kill you if you keep talking," I felt my eye twitch.

***

"Here we are!" Rachel stopped the car in front of a lake house.

"Water...a place with water, well, you guys have fun, I'm going to call an Uber hom—"

"Not so fast Dylan, you're the main reason I kept the destination a secret," Rachel had a strong grip on my shoulder hinting that if I tried to escape, she'd bring hell to me.

"Ha..ha...ha...ha, I was just joking, of course, I want to stay," I suppressed the urge to sigh.

We got our bags from the car and went inside.

***

The house was homey and spacious, there were two rooms, Rachel and Rose had the one downstairs while Cupid and I got the upstairs one.

Who owns this lakehouse? I don't remember Rachel or Rose ever bringing this up.

"Alright since it's nighttime, I think we should all call it a day and rest so that we can go swimming tomorrow!" Rachel suggested.

"I agree, I'm really sleepy," Rose left to her room.

"So am I," Cupid agreed.

"Sure," I said not really accepting the whole going swimming thing directly.

Fuck that shit! As if I'm going to swim in some random lake!

"Alright, glad we all agree!" She beamed.

***

When we entered the room Cupid and I had an argument over the sleeping arrangement. The only reason why we had to talk about the sleeping arrangement was because Cupid didn't seem to understand what keeping his hands to himself meant.

We settled with the basic sleeping position of him hugging me but after a couple of seconds, I kicked him off the bed because his hands somehow made their way under my shirt.

"If I see you on the bed in the morning, you will wake up bald pretty boy so don't even try to get near me," were the last words I said before falling fast asleep.

***

It was 3:28 AM and I had woken up to a noise outside our room.

Why would Rachel or Rose be upstairs? The bathroom is downstairs.

Someone knocked on the door.

Did something happen?

I looked down to check if Cupid had locked himself outside, but he was on the floor sleeping soundly.