Chapter 11 - Love?!

***CUPID'S POV***

MINE:

Yeah, I'm fine, just go home, I won't be back for a while.

Fine my ass, Dylan.

I went home to change.

***

I went into my walk-in closet. I didn't feel like wearing my usual outfit, it was too pink if you ask me. I decided to go with black skinny jeans and a black hoodie, I also switched my contact lenses for my thick-rimmed black glasses.

Okay, yeah I know, what a nerd. But trust me I was a hot nerd.

If I concentrate hard enough, I'm able to teleport anywhere, that's how I get to different places when doing my job. Hopefully, this works.

I closed my eyes and concentrated on one thing, Dylan.

***

I opened my eyes and I was at a park. At first, I thought I was at the wrong place, but then I saw someone who looked just like Dylan with their head down on a table bench.

I walked over to it and sat across from him. He seemed to be sleeping. I grabbed him by the hair and picked up his head, he looked so peaceful, honestly, I was shocked he didn't wake up. I put his head back down.

Jeez Dylan, what is on your mindWhy are you always mad at me?

I took off my glasses and decided to sleep as well since he probably wouldn't be waking up any time soon.

***

I woke up early and put on my glasses, it was probably like five in the morning. I wasn't sure and too lazy to check my phone.

Doesn't sleepy head over here go to school? Doesn't he go to work as well?

I wanted to wake him up in the least annoying way possible.

I began poking him in the face.

"Hmm..." was the only response I got.

This calls for drastic measures.

I leaned over the table, grabbed his shoulders, and shook him.

"What...the...fuck..." I heard him mumble as he slowly woke up.

"Good morning sleepy head!" I chirped.

He rubbed his eyes, "Cupid is that you?"

"Yeah, at least I think it is," I said as I looked at myself.

"Wow, you look great, I like your glasses, what happened to your tux thingy?" He said as he yawned.

I gasped.

"What?" He asked.

"Dylan, you complimented me! Are you flirting?" I asked in shock.

"Shut up you dork, just because I gave you a compliment doesn't mean I was flirting," he blushed.

"Then why are you blushing?" I smirked.

He is so much fun to mess with.

"Shut up." He blushed harder and turned away.

"What's up with you today? Why are you avoiding my eyes?"

Is he mad at me?

"It's nothing we should get going," he said as he stood up and began walking away.

I got up and caught up with him.

"Dylan, is it possible that you hate me?" I asked getting ready for him to say yes.

It's okay Cupid you're used to it.

He stopped and looked at me.

"I—I don't. I don't hate you, if anything I...never mind, um, no Cupid, I don't hate you," he took his phone out and started dialing for a taxi.

"Phew, thank god, I thought you did. Anyway, you don't need to call a taxi, I can just teleport us to your house," I said as I took his phone.

"Oh, really? Cool, can I have my phone back?" He said as he tried to take it back.

"Um, we'll see," I said as I put it in my pocket.

"Great. Anyway, how are we going to teleport?" He asked as he looked up at the sky.

"Well, like this," I went to grab his hands.

He blushed, "Wh—what are you—" he began but I cut him off.

"Relax dear, I have to do this or you won't be able to teleport with me. Now clear your mind and think only of your apartment."

We held hands and I closed my eyes and concentrated.

***

We ended up in his kitchen.

"Well, we're here," he said still not looking at me.

"Yup."

What is up with him?

"You can let go of my hands now..."

"I don't feel like it," I said holding on tighter.

He tried to get his hands free but failed to do so.

"Um, please let go, this isn't good for me..." he mumbled.

What does he mean?

"What do you mean not good for you?"

"I—I don't know, I just feel strange. So please stop," he pleaded.

"What do you mean you feel strange?" I let go and instead grabbed his face to make him look at me, I got closer.

"S—stop, I swear if you go on, my heart will explode! I might die so please stop!" His face heated up.

"Are you...do you feel nervous? Does it feel like someone just stabbed your heart?"

Could it be that...

He nodded and let his face fall into my hands.

OH. MY. GOD!

"SO YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH ME!?" I screamed with joy.

"Wh—what?! N—no I, I'm, no I can't be, this—this is not possible I don't have that emotion...I don't feel that..." I could feel how hot his face became in my hands.

I can't believe he loves me!