Chapter 67 - Vacation Gift

***DYLAN'S POV***

I don't know why Cupid has been acting so clingy lately, no one is bothering him about our relationship, are they?

I turned to look at him as we walked around the woods surrounding the lake house.

I suggested we explore a bit in hopes he would calm down from whatever he was going through.

I looked at him for a bit. He seemed to be happy even though I scolded him a while ago. He was blabbing off about some book he had read recently.

I mean he has been good today, a few problems here and there, but he is obviously trying.

"...so then the woma—"

I tugged his hand to get his attention.

"Yeah?" He turned to look at me.

"Come closer I need to tell you something in secret," I let go of his hand and stood in front of him.

"But we're alone, you can just say it out loud," he looked puzzled.

"Just do it!" I was beginning to regret even thinking about doing this.

"Alright, alright, but don't get mad at me if I try to kiss you," he joked as he leaned closer to my face.

I grabbed his face and kissed him. He didn't hesitate to kiss back and wrap his arms around me. I pulled away from the kiss before he went too far.

"What was that for?" he asked looking at me with what I assumed was a head-over-heels expression.

"I guess you were good today...I lied before, so that was my apology," I admitted shyly hiding my face in his chest.

He leaned over to my ear, "Can you keep apologizing to me when we get back to the house?"

I blushed, "No, don't get ahead of yourself, that was only because I was in the wrong."

"Then can you be in the wrong more often?"

"Let's go back to the house, and no it's not to continue, I just think the heat of the sun is getting to your head," I got out of the hug and dragged him to the house.

***

"It's about time you two were back the sun is almost setting and we found something interesting," Rachel had on a smile that usually meant no good.

"What did you find...?" I cautiously asked.

"Well we were snooping around a bit, mostly in Eric's suitcase, and we found this," Rose put a pink bottle on the table.

Is that the god alcohol? How the hell did it end up here?!

Whatever you're thinking, I didn't put that in my bag...

I turned to Cupid to verify that he was telling the truth and he himself held a shocked expression.

"There is a note stuck on it that says: 'Hey Eros, I heard you were going on a trip in a couple of days, have this gift to make things more exciting, - Mel,'" Rose read what was on the paper.