Chapter 63 - Aphrodite

***DYLAN'S POV***

It was a Friday and I had just come back from school tired and ready for the weekend. To my surprise, Cupid wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Is he working?

I decided to just do my homework and wait until he came back instead of just procrastinating and letting myself overthink.

***

***CUPID'S POV***

"It's Eros."

"He's back?"

"Wow, it's been a while, I've missed his beautiful face!"

"Why is he back here? That's odd."

I was informed by Melody that my mother had sent one of her god helpers to bring me to her so since she is probably mad that I wasn't at the mansion, I decided to visit her on my own.

Many of the people who work for her were saying different things, some were happy that I was here, while others not so much.

Ughhhh, I want to go back to Dylan, why did she suddenly call for me?

"Why? Well, of course, I called for you to discuss something important, my dear," lo' and behold Aphrodite, my mother, gracefully approached me after appearing from God knows where.

"Why are you reading my mind?! I thought we agreed to not do that anymore!" I immediately got annoyed.

"We did? Why I don't recall..." She pretended to not remember.

"Hah, yeah and I forgot that you are very cunning," I mumbled.

A couple of the workers outside of her mansion gasped at my response. They were all watching us, mostly because Aphrodite is very well respected and because everyone knew about my horrible reputation, they were also aware that my mother and I often quarrel.

"How could he talk like that to our beautiful Goddess?"

"No manners!"

"He leaves and comes back with an even bigger attitude."

"Ugh, can we talk inside? I can't stand hearing all of your followers talk bad about me anymore," I crossed my arms.

"They are not wrong, but you are right, this discussion should be held inside the house in private," she began walking towards the house, hair flowing beautifully in the wind as her gown followed along.

"Our lady sure is marvelous isn't she?" A worker sighed obviously deeply in love with Mother.

I wish you saw her at her worst, she's a real b—

Eros, I dare you to finish that sentence.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

***

***DYLAN'S POV***

I was done with my homework which took me about an hour or two and there was still no sign of Cupid.

Should I text him? No, no, no, he's busy.