Chapter 41 - One too many rules broken

***DYLAN'S POV***

I woke up in a room that seemed to be part of some sort of high-rise building. There was a big window showing a cloudy sunset view, in front of that window was a desk and a big office chair facing said view. I looked around and all I saw were mirrors reflecting me, but at different ages and times. There was a man next to the big chair holding a scroll and a feather pen.

It was then that I realized I wasn't able to move, nothing was tying me down so it made no sense.

"Sir, the boy is awake," the man with the scroll and pen spoke snapping me out of my current situation.

"Oh is he?" Asked a mischievous-sounding voice, in a somewhat deep tone, I could hear the smirk this person had on as they spoke.

"Yes sir, that's why I informed you just now," the other man said.

"Ugh, you are no fun Isidore, I was just trying to scare the human," the other said in a less terrifying voice than before.

Who are these people?

"We aren't people, kid, we are beings, gods, supernatural, 'myths' as you humans call us," the man in the chair clarified.

Did he just read my mind?

"Yes, you should know about this, didn't Eros do this? Wait, please tell me you got the right kid this time Isidore, we don't want to repeat what happened last time," the man sighed in frustration.

"Yes, it is the right boy, sir, he looks like the one you showed me, why not turn around and take a look yourself," the man who went by Isidore, said.

"Enough with the sass Isidore, I didn't want to turn around because then I wouldn't be as scary, but since I can't trust you, you leave me no choice!" The chair swiftly spun around revealing a somewhat short man wearing what seemed to be a white gown with shoulder pads that had gold embellishments on each one.

"This isn't a gown you imbecile, it's fashion!" The short man said, steamed.

"I didn't say anything..." I said looking away.

"But you were thinking it!" The man shouted.

He got me there.

"Enough about this! You are here because you've been messing around with Eros, now tell me, what is your relationship with him?" he asked.

What is my relationship with Cupid? Are we dating? No, he never asked me out...

"It's complicated..." I said embarrassed.

"Well he's telling the truth, but why would Eros be interested in a human like him? I mean look at him Isidore, he's average!" Shorty said motioning towards me while looking at Isidore.

You're one to talk...

"You better watch your thoughts kid," he glared at me.

"I don't know sir, everyone has their preferences, what may look unpleasing to you, could look irresistible to another," Isidore wisely said.

"Yuck Isidore! You seem to almost be siding with the mortal!" Shorty spat.

"I'm not agreeing with anyone," Isidore clearly wanted no part of this.

"Whatever, so, human your name's Dylan right?"