Chapter 33 - Five is a Crowd

***DYLAN'S POV***

We ended up teleporting on the couch in my living room.

"Get off me," I pushed him off.

"Well, there was no point in doing that since I'll be on top of you again later," he got up.

I blushed.

"Says who?" I glared at him.

"Well, we can postpone it if you actually confess to me..." He looked around waiting for me to confess.

"I...I'd like to go on a date first!" My face heated up once I realized what had come out of my mouth.

"...Date? You mean a date palm? How would we go on a fruit?" Cupid asked probably acting dumb on purpose.

"No, you idiot! A date! Where two people go somewhere to hang out and see if they have a connection or something, I'm not really sure...I've never been on one..." I explained.

"Oh, those things, to be honest, I don't usually do those since I just go to 3rd ba—I mean...a date! Lovely! Wait, don't we already have a connection!?"

"I...I'm not sure that's why we need to go on a date..." I turned away.

"Well, if that's what you want then okay. Tomorrow you go to school and when you come back the date will happen!" he said determined to make it happen.

"SHIT OH MY GOD!"

"What?!" Cupid jumped.

"I FORGOT I HAD SCHOOL I MISSED TWO FUCKING DAYS!" I combed my hand through my hair in frustration.

"Oh, that, no you didn't, the mansion is located on earth but protected by some barrier. Inside it, time goes by faster making it seem like you were there for two days when really it was a couple of hours here. So right now over here it's like 3 am which would be a couple of hours from when you blacked out."

"Phew, thank god, it's hard to catch up with the classes when you miss more than a day, I should go to sleep," I got up from the couch and began walking to my room.

"Wait!" Cupid yelled.

I turned around, "What?"

"I...don't really want to sleep on the couch so I was wondering...if...maybe I could sleep with you?" He uneasily laughed.

"Fine, but if you try anything funny, I'll kick you out of my apartment and you won't be allowed in here for a week," I warned.

***

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I woke up to an ear-piercing alarm sound.

"...holy fuck...turn...that shit...off..." Cupid complained.

I turned it off.

"You wake up too! Don't you have a job!" I was tired and pissed off.

"Wow, grumpy first thing in the morning, plus I can just snap my fingers like so," he snapped his fingers, "and ta-da people are in love!"

Crap it's gonna be late if I shower, I'll just have to go like this.

"Didn't you say you hated doing that since it could interfere with your life?" I put on my socks and shoes.

"Well even if I did do it myself and put the work in it, I would still have to make people I don't like fall in love it's not my choice even if it interferes with my life I can't really change it and if I do I'll be in a lot of shit." He yawned.