Chapter 34 - Who is she?!

***DYLAN'S POV***

"Oh, some girl who was looking for you, a relative maybe?" 

My heart dropped and my anxiety rose.

I got up.

"A—a—a r—relative...? I—no, it can't be, no, no, no you must be wrong," my eyes filled with fear and I felt like I was going to pass out.

"Dylan, are you okay? Hey, you don't look so good..." Cupid walked up to me and grabbed my hand.

"Ask her who she is..." I whispered.

"Okay, but tell me if you aren't okay, alright?"

I nodded.

***

***CUPID'S POV***

I opened the door again.

"I'm going to need to know who you are and for you to state your purpose here," I said trying to sound scary, but it probably just sounded lame.

"Uh...I'm Angelina Doyle, but known as Angelina Porter, I'm Dylan's adopted sister," she explained.

"...Oh...I'll be back again..." I slammed the door.

***DYLAN'S POV***

Cupid slammed the door, walked up to me, hugged me tightly, and said nothing.

What's going on? Who is it?!

"Dylan, I know you don't want to hear this because you have a bad past with your family but it's a relative...she's your...sister, adopted sister..." he was still hugging me as a way to calm me down, but it wasn't working.

Those words pricked me like a billion pieces of shattered glass or maybe I was the shattering glass, whatever it was, it was an all too familiar painful feeling.

The sister that replaced me? The child that could give my parents the thing they wanted most? The reason I was kicked out of the house...?

I felt as though everything was not okay like the life I built away from my good-for-nothing parents became tainted with old melancholy memories.

Why is she here? Why look for me? Is she going to tell me off for being different? I don't want to feel the way I did when my parents sent me away, I don't want to be afraid of people again. Why can't they understand that I still feel pain, the only thing I can't feel is love...but I've changed, Cupid is proof of that...would they still hate me? I still can't feel love for them, but I can for Cupid. No, that would get them pissed, they would be mad that I love him but not my own family... Why was I born like this?!? Why me?