Chapter 81 - Liar

***CUPID'S POV***

Right after that whole little act, we put on at the restaurant, we went home because Dylan was pissed and I also didn't want to be there with those fancy rich people anymore.

"Cupid give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now!" Dylan was quick to change from happily engaged to murderer once we walked into his apartment.

"I...love you?" I uneasily smiled at him.

"Do you know how difficult it was to not bolt out of there? Oh god now there is a group of people that think I'm engaged," he put his hands in his hair.

I walked up to him and grabbed his hands, "Dylan, it's fine, I know you don't want to get married so early." I pulled him into a hug and ran my fingers through his hair. "I proposed again today just to see if I was lucky, which was kinda stupid, to be honest, but at least now I know you don't like public things so when the real day comes it'll be perfect."

He sighed into my chest, "And I'll make sure to respond with a yes."

"You're really making it hard for me to not marry you right here right now," I hugged him tightly.

"So, what do we do with this?" He pulled out of the hug and handed me the ring.

"Keep it," I handed it back to him.

He blushed, "But—"

"Calm down, I don't mean it in that way, just think of it as a promise ring that one day you and I will make it official," I kissed his cheek before placing the ring back on his ring finger.

"O—Okay," he stared down at the ring burning bright red in the face.

"Dylan, I love you!" I grabbed and kissed him.

***

***DYLAN'S POV***

"So Dylan, anything new happen?" Rachel had been looking at me weirdly since we sat down to eat lunch.

"No, not really," I shrugged not knowing what she was talking about.

Rose cleared her throat, "...You sure?"

"Yeah, why?" I took a bite out of my burrito.

"No new commitments?" Rachel looked around obviously suppressing a grin.

"Can you guys just ask me what you are trying to ask me?" I gave them an unimpressed look.

What is up with them?

"You're a liar," Rose declared.

"What?" I furrowed my brows.

"Oh, don't act so innocent! The proof is on your finger!" Rachel pointed at the ring on my finger.

I suddenly remembered its presence and felt embarrassed.

After asking them their opinion on what they thought about marrying young, it was so embarrassing to come to school wearing an engagement ring when I said I thought marrying young was going too fast.

"Uh...this isn't what it looks like!" I felt like a liar.

"Don't lie to us Dylan, now it makes sense that you asked us about getting married, you were too shy to tell us," Rose assumed.

"No, I—"

"When's the wedding?! Why didn't you tell us sooner? Oh my god, you're growing up too soon!" Rachel fake cried.

"Rachel, get a hold of yourself! The interrogation is not done yet," Rose shook her.

Explaining is going to be a lot harder than I thought...

"Guys, I'm not engaged, I'm not getting married—I mean yes, Cupid or Eric as you guys know him, did propose to me, but I told him it was too soon and he understood so he told me to instead keep the ring as a promise ring that meant that we will get married later in the future," I tried to explain.

"That's literally called being engaged," Rachel gave me a confused look.

"Yeah, I don't think you could have described it better," Rose agreed.

"Huh? No way! This ring doesn't signify engagement, it signifies a promise," I crossed my arms.

"You said that the ring means you both are planning to get married in the future right?" Rachel questioned.

"Yes."

"That's literally an engagement, you both agreed that you will get married at some point and he told you to wear that ring as a way to promise that," Rose laughed at me for not realizing it.

Oh my God, they're right! Cupid and I are literally engaged...How did I not realize this?!

"I'm guessing you genuinely didn't know judging from your red face," Rachel giggled.

"No, we aren't engaged...that would mean that I basically accepted his proposal but I didn't," I got up and looked at them, they were holding back their laughter. I gasped, "YOU GUYS JUST SAID ALL THAT TO WORRY ME, DIDN'T YOU?!"

They laughed for a long time before responding.

"I'm so sorry Dylan, it was Rose's idea!" Rachel said between giggles.

"You were so worried, oh my god, that was great!" Rose wiped away a tear.

I sat back down and let out a sigh of relief.

"You should have known that promise rings are a thing, Dylan," Rachel finally stopped laughing.

"Yeah, that's a normal step in a relationship, promise rings just mean you are committing to that person and that they are the only one for you and vice versa, it's a serious step in all honestly, but knowing you I'm sure you and Eric will totally get married in the future," Rose shrugged.

"Yeah, also don't forget to invite us and make us your bridesmaids!" Rachel added.

"Wait, why would I be considered the bride?!" I frowned.

"Don't act like you don't agree, Eric is totally the husband here," Rose rolled her eyes.

"But he is more in touch with his feminine side than I am with mine," I countered.

"Yeah but I'm sure he made the first move," Rachel crossed her arms.

"W—well...I—"

"Exactly, so you have to make us bridesmaids end of discussion," Rose cut me off.

"I hate you guys," I crossed my arms making sure I kept the sour expression on my face noticeable.

"Oh, don't lie, you love us," they both said in sync.

I just rolled my eyes.

These dorks are always teasing me, but they are important to me so I forgive them.