Chapter 25 - You Idiot

***DYLAN'S POV***

"OUCH!" Cupid flinched.

"Stay still!"

"But it hurts! You don't understand the pain I'm in!" He backed away.

"Well, that's because I didn't go around playing hero!" I retorted.

"Well if I didn't do it, then you wouldn't be here in your comfy home!" He glared.

"Okay, okay, but I need to take care of your injuries or they will get infected," I began opening bandages.

"You wouldn't have to do this if I could heal fast."

"Why can't you?" I asked.

"Well, uh, my boss, the big guy, kinda got mad at me for not doing my job correctly so he took away some of my power for the time being..." He looked away.

"I told you to stop messing around!"

"I did! Kinda...I'm starting to take it seriously now," he scratched one of his cuts.

"Don't do that! You'll get a freaking scar!" I yelled.

"No I won't, it's impossible for me to get one," he continued to scratch it.

"Ugh, you are such a child," I said putting the last bandaid on his arm.

"I wouldn't be talking late bloomer" he whispered.

I blushed. "Excuse me?!"

"You heard me," he smirked.

"You got some nerve talking to me like that after I fixed you up and everything," I said, pissed.

"So? What are you gonna do about it? Are you gonna teach me a lesson? 'Oh, I'm so scared!'" he taunted.

"You asked for it!" I punched him in the stomach as hard as I could.

"Gah! You asshole! For a...small kid you sure pack a punch," he held his stomach.

"Well, you provoked me."

I left him in the bathroom and went into the kitchen to get an ice pack.

"Aw, is that for me?" He asked still holding his stomach.

"Do you want it or not?" I asked, done with his shit.

"I mean, yeah, it's not like my stomach is gonna stop hurting by itself," he sassed.

I threw the ice pack hard at his face.

"What the fuck Dylan!? You are so sadistic," he grabbed the ice pack and placed it on his stomach.

"Shut up or I'll kick you out," I warned.

***

I was in the kitchen washing dishes when I heard Cupid yell in horror for me to come see something.

"What? What was so important that you had to show me?" I asked, tired of his shit.

"Ew, ew, look, what the fuck is this on my neck?!" He pointed at a small scar.

"How long has it been there?" I asked.

"Well, I managed to heal a little bit, but when I did this one it became this nasty little thing!"

I couldn't help but laugh because it was the cut he had been scratching earlier.

Serves him right.

He glared.

"What's so funny?"

"Just the fact that it's the cut you were scratching earlier. I had told you not to scratch it because this would happen, but you didn't listen," I explained.

"HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS WOULD HAPPEN TO ME OF ALL BEINGS? WHY DIDN'T YOU WARN ME IT WOULD MAKE ME UGLY?!" he grasped my shirt and looked at me with horror in his eyes.

"I told you it would scar, plus it doesn't look that bad, it's so tiny! At least it's not on your face if it were, then you'd be really upset." I said trying to calm him down.

He sighed and let go of me.

"You're right, you're right, at least my face is still beautiful," he said looking into the mirror.

"I didn't say that, but okay..."

"Dylan I don't need your mouth to be spouting out those lies, right now I need you to support me," he dramatically spoke.

"I will make your face ugly again if you keep acting like a narcissist and talking nonsense," I warned.

"So you admit that I am handsome?" He smirked.

"Wha—no I never said that!" I argued.

"You said and I quote, 'I will make your face ugly again' meaning that you thought my face was ugly all beat up, but now that it's fixed I'm no longer ugly, but handsome," He smiled.

I blushed.

"You read too much into stuff! I don't have time for this I need to clean!" I walked away, but Cupid appeared in front of me again.

"I wish your boss took away your ability to teleport too," I said making my way towards the kitchen.

"Actually, he can't because if he did I wouldn't be able to do my job properly contradicting the point he is trying to make," he followed me.

"Whatever," I continued washing the dishes.

"Stoooop," he whined.

"Stop what?" I turned to him.

He walked up to me and leaned in, for a second I thought he was going to kiss me, but instead, he just hugged me.

"Stop being such a wet blanket," he whispered into my ear causing me to blush. "You know, you're such a child," he laughed as he pulled away.

"Excuse me? Says the one who doesn't act his age and has a hissy fit over a little scar," I retorted.

"Don't deny it, Dylan, I know you thought I was gonna kiss you and you blush whenever I'm close to you, such a child, honestly," he chuckled.

"No, I don't!" I argued.

"Oh really?" He smirked.

This is not a good sign...

He walked up close to me and had his face inches away from mine.

I tried my best not to react, but he began leaning in and I couldn't resist.

I have no idea what had been going through my head, but before I knew it I had leaned in and was the first one to connect our lips.