Chapter 52 - Don't Leave Me Like This

***CUPID'S POV***

I teleported to where ever Dylan went to and when I made it he was at the edge of a cliff.

What is he doing?!

I was walking towards him when he threw himself off.

My heart dropped.

"DYLAN NO!" I yelled running off the cliff after him.

"CUPID WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" He yelled once he saw me falling after him.

I didn't answer him, there were far more important things on my mind than answering him right now. I rather fucking save him than chit-chat about how nice the weather is down here.

I didn't think I'd ever have to use these for this situation, but there is no telling what life will bring to you.

I let my wings spread out and flew towards him to grab him before he met death.

I was afraid he'd find a way to get out of my grip, but he held on tight knowing he didn't want this. He didn't want to die like this.

I flew back to the top of the cliff and set us down as far away from the drop as possible, then put away my wings.

I didn't let go of him, I couldn't.

"Why would you fucking scare me like that?! What if I didn't have wings?! What if I came here too late?! What if you died?! Do you know how much I'd suffer?! Please don't ever do that again I...I love you too much to lose you, I'd lose myself if I ever lost you," I cried on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry...I just couldn't take it anymore! I'm so stupid! I can't stand myself, Eros, I can't live in a world where nobody wants me!" He sobbed hard on my shoulder.

"Don't you dare say that in front of the person who cares about you the most, the person who would die for you, who would get in trouble with the gods for you just because they couldn't stand the sight of someone else liking you!" I was angry that he didn't think I cared about him enough.

He said nothing, just cried.

I teleported us to my room at the mansion and locked the door.

I let him sob on me all day and kept him company until he fell asleep.

His face was tear-stained and he looked horrible, he was at his worst and he had nothing left to lose in his mind.

But I had everything to lose, he was my everything and if he died and left forever I would find a way to get killed myself, I would break all the rules, I would beg for death to end my existence, there would be no reason to stay alive anymore.

I pulled him towards me and held him in a hug never wanting to let him go.

My heart is killing me and I might never recover from this.

***

***DYLAN'S POV***

I woke up feeling tired and depressed but at the same time glad.

Cupid was holding onto me tightly.

He must have been so scared. I'm so stupid for not thinking about how he would feel, he clearly loves me a lot and though he says he loves himself more than anyone else when he's drunk, it's not true. It's easy to forget the good things in life when consumed by all these negative emotions.

He woke up and hugged me tighter when he saw me.

"I can't breathe," I huffed.

"And I can't let you go," he rested his head on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry Eros, you mean the world to me too and I was stupid not to think of how me dying would affect you, I love you and I don't know how I even considered dying, leaving you behind, god I'm—"

"You couldn't help it, you've been through a lot and broke, you weren't thinking straight and that's okay, just please don't scare me like that again, I'm always here for you and I always will be, even if you stop loving me," he cut me off.

I hugged him back tightly, "I could never stop loving you, I'd be stupid to let someone like you go, I was stupid to almost let you go like that," I shut my eyes tightly.

How could I ever let him go? Dylan you idiot.

"You really scared me, Dylan, I thought I was going to lose you," he pulled away to look at me.

"I know, I'm sorry," I felt tears escape my eyes.

"I just don't know what I would do without you," he wiped away my tears.

"Neither would I," I rested my forehead on his.

"I love you a lot," he kissed me all over my face.

"I love you too," I let out a small laugh.

"GUY'S LINDA SENT ME TO TELL YOU NO SEX HERE!" Melody yelled from behind the door.

"Uggghhhhh~ it's waaay too late Melody," Cupid moaned.

My eyes widened and I blushed, "Stop it!"

"YOU'RE GONNA GET FUCKING KILLED EROS!" She yelled again.

After that, we heard someone else walk up to the door.

"EROS OPEN DOOR!" Linda growled.

"Fuck," He mumbled.

"Now what?" I looked at him worriedly.

"I'll be back," he said teleporting.

Not even a second passed and he was back.

"I almost forgot," he kissed me passionately.

I kissed back putting my hands on his shoulders.

He parted, "Why is it that at times like these you want to get heated, you owe me," he teleported again.

***CUPID'S POV***

I went to check if Dylan's trash parents were still at his apartment.

I looked all around.

Empty.

Good.

I teleported back.

"Let's get out of here," I grabbed onto Dylan and teleported us to his bed.

"Thank god you brought us back on the bed, I was feeling sleepy again," he yawned.

"Yeah, I totally teleported us here to sleep, yup," I said sarcastically lying down next to him.

"You'll have your day Cupid," he mumbled snuggling into my arms.

"At this rate, it'll be years from now," I sighed closing my eyes.

"If that's what you want," he sleepily said.

"No, don't do that to me," my eyes opened immediately.

"I'm just fucking with you," he laughed softly.

"Go to sleep," I ruffled his hair.

I'm glad he's still here.

***DYLAN'S POV***

I'm glad Cupid saved me, I don't want to die and leave him alone, he changed my life, how could I ever do that to him?