Chapter 24 - This was a mistake

***DYLAN'S POV***

I woke up exhausted since I fell asleep late due to cleaning the water up last night.

I got up from my bed, went to take a shower, and brushed my teeth.

***

After coming out of the bathroom I went into the living room expecting to see Cupid sleeping on the couch only to see that he wasn't.

I shrugged it off and went into the kitchen to eat breakfast.

When I went to open the fridge door, I saw a sticky note on it.

It read:
"I went to work because I need to 'take it more seriously' and stop half-assing it.
PS: don't miss me too much (;
PSPS: I love you.
-Cupid"

I blushed when I read the last part.

"Idiot," I crumpled up the paper and threw it in the trash knowing he'd see it later.

***

"Hey Dylan," Rachel said, as she and Rose walked up to me.

"Hi," I said back.

"So, you seem to be feeling better," Rose pointed out.

"Yeah," I scratched the back of my head.

"So, did you talk to him?" Rachel asked.

"Yeah, I did," we walked to class.

"Alright, I'm glad you aren't sad anymore," Rachel smiled, trying not to ask too many questions.

***

"Ugh, class was a drag," I sighed.

"Yeah, it was boring today. We should go out and do something," Rose suggested.

"Yeah, we should, is Eric busy?" Rachel asked.

"I don't know, if you don't mind, we could go check my apartment," I said not thinking about how strange that might sound.

"Your apartment? Does he live with you?" Rose asked.

Shit. I have no idea why he's always at my house. What do I say?

"No, he just freeloads there from time to time," I said, hoping they'd drop it.

"Mhm," Rachel did not believe me.

***

***CUPID'S POV***

I opened the door to Dylan's apartment and looked around to see if he had come home yet.

He hadn't.

I went to see if he saw my note and when I did see it, it was crumpled up in the trash.

Little shit.

Right when I took it out of the trash I heard the door open obviously thinking it was just Dylan.

"WHY DID YOU THROW AWAY THE NOTE YOU HEARTLESS DEMON?!" I cried, holding out the note.

***

***DYLAN'S POV***

After walking up the stairs with Rose and Rachel behind me I opened my apartment door.

"WHY DID YOU THROW AWAY THE NOTE YOU HEARTLESS DEMON?!" Cupid cried holding out the embarrassing note.

"What note?" Rachel asked, walking in.