Chapter 91 - It Can't Be

***DYLAN'S POV***

"Alright guys, welcome to the after-hours! This is going to be fun!" Molly opened the door to the shop and allowed us to go in.

I'm kind of nervous.

I felt Cupid hold my hand and I felt a bit better.

I've never thought I'd ever have to make a decision like this, it's crazy.

"So, Eros told me you wanted to know all about the immortality potion," Molly smiled. She seemed happy to explain her products, I guess that's what it's like to be doing what you love.

"Yeah, I thought it would be a good idea to learn about it since we've recently had a conversation concerning immortality," I felt awkward, I still struggled to feel at ease here at Mount Olympus.

She gasped, "Does that mean Eros popped the question?! Oh, my! Asking a mortal to be immortal is equivalent to a marriage proposal! I'm so happy for you two!"

I turned to give Cupid a look.

He told me it wasn't anything like that.

He became uneasy and forced out a chuckle, "That's just an Olympian thing, in my opinion, they are completely different."

"Anyway, let's get on with the explanation," she pulled out a vial filled with a white liquid, "this bad boy is made out of a dead man's ashes, a newborn's blood, a God's blood, the feather of an angel, the nail of a demon, and a crows head. You may be wondering, 'why would she be telling us the ingredients, isn't she worried about us just making our own?' To answer that, no, I'm not in the least bit worried because only potion masters can make potions, it's our thing. Plus, getting the ingredients is a difficult task, trust me angels may seem gentle and sweet, but they can become real assholes if you piss them off," she whispered the last part.

"Are you allowed to sell those, I mean there has to be some restriction to the things you can make, right?" I wondered.

"Well, this is not an over the counter potion, you actually need permission to get one of these along with some other things, which can be an obstacle, but lucky for you, I've been granted permission to allow certain people of my choice to have access to these goods without having to talk to the higher-ups," she winked.

"Very interesting, so, are you the only potion master?"

"Well, there was one before me, in fact, they were my teacher before I became a master, I learned everything I needed to know from them, though the memory of who that was is kind of foggy."

"But there are beings who are learning the art of making potions just like you did, right?" I asked.

"Yes, they just haven't reached the level of being a master yet, when one does though I'll definitely try to hire them," she looked determined. "Enough about the lore though, let me show you the process of how we make a person immortal. First, we use this device," she whipped out a thing that looked like a gun morphed with a metal detector and an old GPS. "This reads any potions a being or person may still have in their system, we need this because sometimes certain potions don't mix well together."

"Wow, there's a lot that goes into this kind of job," I was surprised.

"Indeed, now allow me to show you how this works," she turned a knob on the device, and it made a strange noise, "mind if I check what's in your system?" She asked, pointing the device at me.

I was a bit scared, but I felt like I could trust her, "Go ahead."

She clicked a button, and it began making even more strange noises, I could feel a magnetic pull from it. "See, on the screen, it tells me that the healing potion is still in effect, it seems as though you were really badly injured—huh, what's this?" She brought the machine closer to her, "That's odd, you have two more potions still in your system."

"Ah, that's probably the truth potion I used on him yesterday," Cupid explained, looking at the device's screen as well.

"That's not possible, the truth potion wears off 3 hours after use, plus even if it were possible the color is different and there is still another potion I don't recognize," she gasped and pulled out the immortality potion she had put in her pocket, "Just as I thought, you've already consumed the immortality potion. The colors match and so do its contents. But how in the world did you get it? Isn't this the first time you've heard about it?"

"I'm sorry, what?! I'm already immortal?! Since when? What the fuck?!" I was freaking out.

"It says here it has been in effect for 3 to 4 years already, did you meet any gods before Eros?" She looked up at me skeptically.

"What? No! Eros was the first God I'd ever met. Meeting gods it's not some kind of hobby I have, he and I literally met by mere chance!" I was just as confused as they were about all this.

"I see. But what the hell is this other potion? How come I've never seen it before? These ingredients aren't written in the book. I have so many questions! None of this is adding up, just who gave you these, and how did they manage to get their hands on them? They didn't even tell you! This is a serious issue, I can't remember anyone who came into my shop requesting an immortality potion these past few years," she scratched her head in confusion.

"That's because I wiped your memory of me," a voice spoke from the entrance of the shop.

We all turned to look at who it was, and we were overcome with shock.

Wait, what?! How? How is this possible? It kind of makes sense, but at the same time, I would have never expected this.