Chapter 89 - Honesty

***DYLAN'S POV***

We teleported to the potion shop and Cupid was quick to get help.

"Molly, we need your help."

She had been sitting behind the check-out counter reading a book written in a language I had never seen before when she looked up and saw how badly injured I was.

"Holy shit Dylan! Are you alright? Eros what the hell happened?!" She rushed to examine the injuries.

"It was out of my control, he was taken from me," Cupid ran his hand through his hair.

She turned her attention to me, "Who did this? Was it one of those whores that wanted revenge now that Cupid found a lover?!"

I uneasily smiled, "Not really..."

"Regardless of who it was, we came here hoping you had a potion that can be used for healing," Cupid gave Molly a hopeful look.

"You're lucky I just restocked that type of potion yesterday, had I waited longer before making them, you and him would have had to have gone to the hospital and you know that requires permission from the God council when it's for someone who isn't from around here," she shook her head, "stay here, I'll go get the potion."

"You okay?" Cupid put an arm around my shoulder looking at me with a sad expression.

"I'm fine. What? You think I can't handle a little pain?" I laughed even though it hurt a lot.

"Dylan, you were coughing up blood, it is not a 'little pain', plus Alecus is very strong, maybe his powers didn't affect you to its full potential due to the odd fact that most of us with power can't really use it on you, but you're still hurt," he suddenly became serious.

"I know, but I'm okay, I mean it's not like I'm dying," I tried to loosen him up because he looked so stressed, "I'll be okay."

Just then, Molly came back with a vial filled with a green liquid.

"Alright, so you're gonna want to drink all of this, I put the perfect amount in the vial so that all your wounds would heal, though you may still have a little scratch here and there," she explained handing me the potion.

"What do I owe you?" Cupid asked her.

"Nothing, think of it as a parting/welcoming/sorry you had to go through this gift," she grinned.

"Thank you, Molly," I smiled at her.

"No problem guys, now leave because Dylan's beaten up appearance is making my customers anxious."

That's when I noticed how many people were sharing concerned glances and keeping their distance.

***

***CUPID'S POV***

"So all she said was to drink the liquid in the vial, but I know from experience that the healing potion tastes disgusting so I'll bring you some water," I went to go retrieve a glass of water while Dylan made his way to the couch.

Alright, let's try the other potion Molly gave me.

I summoned the paper bag Molly had given me the first time we had gone to her shop when I gave her the arrow.

I mean I'm only using some of it because I want to know the truth.