Chapter 32 - I DIDN'T CONFESS!

***DYLAN'S POV***

I managed to make it back to the mansion in a couple of minutes since we hadn't walked that far into the woods.

I opened the door and began running up the stairs and ended up bumping into someone when I took a turn to go into the hallway.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold your horses, Dylan! What's going on?" It was Melody.

"OH GOD THANK GOD IT'S YOU, HELP ME," I desperately said.

"Okay, okay, calm down breathe, breathe...what's the matter?" She asked.

I took a breath.

"It's Cupid, he—he's mad at me! I don't know what I did wrong!" I explained while I looked around making sure he was nowhere to be seen.

"What did you say to him?" She questioned crossing her arms and raising one of her eyebrows.

"Uh, nothing wrong at all, he had confessed to me again for like the hundredth time and I told him that I thought he was a great friend and he got mad so then I said best friend and he got madder an—"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait, you friend-zoned him and then fucking kicked him deeper into the friend-zone? Damn, that's brutal!" She scoffed.

"What no! I didn't friend-zone him! I just told him how precious he is to me..." I turned red.

"So you have feelings for him?" She furrowed her brows.

"W—well I—"

Before I could finish, she looked behind me and gasped as a worried expression took over her face.

"Run. Hurry up he's outside! Go hide in his closet he's definitely not going to look there especially since I will tell him you never came," she pushed me into the hallway leading to his room.

"Okay! Thank you so much!" I ran into his room and into the closet.

It was dark in there, only the window was letting light peak through. I quickly walked in and shut the door.

"Phew, I need to relax..." I tried catching my breath.

"Of course you'd come to the place you know best," Cupid spoke behind me making me jump.

"...W—what's that supposed to mean..." I whispered, slowly turning around.

"You should know exactly what I mean," he got up from a couch he was sitting on.

I was about to turn around to open the door and run out, but I heard a click.

"You heard that? That was Melody locking us in."

I banged on the door.

"Sorry dude, you guys need to talk it out!" I heard Melody yell, the door muffling her voice.

"P—please stop," I fell to the ground holding my knees to my chest.

Everything began hitting me like a storm, all my fears and anxiety, all the times I had been tormented by myself, all my flaws and the thought that Cupid still liked me after everything that was wrong with me, but could easily stop at any moment.