Part Sixty-three

Part Sixty-Three

A slap echoed across the silent room. Akram was slapped across his face by his mother, Gazala was glaring at him and her eyes were filled with tears, the pride she always had seeing her son was now gone, where did she go wrong in his upbringing? How was she blind to his true face and how could she never know the truth behind his facade of goodness?

"Ammi" Akram cupped his cheek that was stinging due to the slap. He didn't knew his Ammi had such energy.

"Don't call me Ammi!" She was going to slap him again but her hand was held by her husband.

"It's haram to hit the face and Gazala, you shouldn't raise your hand on your grown up son" He said.

"Didn't you listen to his deeds? He destroyed a girl's life just for his greed! I didn't know that I raised such greedy person, whatever we gave him wasn't enough for him" She was deeply hurt by Akram's words, she felt ashamed of what he has done.

"Ammi, please calm down , you will get sick" He said, she was still recovering from her illness.

"Sick? Why do you care if I die? You didn't think before killing people, didn't you?"

"Gazala, calm down, please" Her husband tried to calm her worried for her health.

"And you, did you forget you got two sisters? How would you feel if something similar had happened with them? And that girl, Zoya, what wrong did she do to you?" His father questioned.

" What did you make her? The lively and always positive girl was reduced to such state she feared her own shadow, for what Akram? For money?! You stopped so low! How could you?" His father grabbed his collar, he was staring in the eyes of the man that had always been soft and understanding but today he saw anger and disappointment in his father's eyes and he was ashamed of himself.

"Tell me would you have sold your sisters for money too?" He asked, Akram's eyes widened.

"Abbu!"

"What Abbu? When it came to your own sisters you felt bad , huh?" Akram stumbled as his father jerked him.

"You have shamed us, this is not our upbringing" He said looking disappointedly at Akram.

"I am sorry, I am really sorry. I realised my mistake, I know what I did was very wrong, I am really sorry and I am going to rectify my mistakes" He looked at his parents, they shook their head like they don't believe him, his recent confession had shook them and it even shook the trust they had in him. He dragged himself out of the room when he heard his mother.

"How am I going to face bhaijaan? Zoya, meri bachi, she was baby of the house, how will I face her? It was my son that made her life so difficult!" Gazala sobbed in her palms, her husband tried to console her but even he was at loss of words.

Zoya took off her abaya and scarf, she decided to change and offer her missed prayers, she was still sitting on the prayer mat after offering her prayers and thanking Allah for saving her, she wasn't in her right senses when she took the decision.

Asad was right, she didn't even think about their baby, what if anything bad had happened today? What if she had actually stepped in a trap? What if she had encountered the wrong men? Could she alone save herself from someone who was physically strong than her or worse if they were more in number?

Escaping that man would have been difficult too but her determination to save her baby and  Allah's help , she saved herself and there were people around, but who would have she found on the street at that time night, instead she would have grabbed attention of more monsters or spineless people.