Part Forty

Part Forty

Asad and Zoya were getting ready to leave for office next day and Asad received a call from hospital. Zoya's foot was fine as Asad had thought it would be.

"Zoya, keep your medical reports" He spoke entering the room.

"Why?" Zoya asked with confusion.

"Your appointment is preponed" He replied, Zoya took out the medical reports, she hoped this was her last check up. After office Asad took her to hospital, Asad was happy with Zoya's recovery, she was prescribed another course of vitamins and she didn't need to visit doctor.

"I want you to come with me" Asad said.

"But"

"No , Zoya keep your bags packed, I am not asking but informing, we are going to Mangalpur, Chacha was insisting that we both should attend the Nikah" Zoya sighed , Asad wasn't going to listen anything she had to say. Fear was creeping back in her mind, she didn't want to be blamed there if something wrong happens.

"As-Salam-u-Alaikum" They greeted as they got down the car, his relatives were waiting outside to welcome them.

"Wa Alaikum Assalam, come in beta, you don't know how happy I feel that you both came, your presence is filling the absence of your parents." Asad gave a tight-lipped smile. They settled in the house, Zoya was shocked to know the joint family lives in a single house. She was having hard time remembering who was who and she was still worried about her presence and wasn't able to talk with the ladies as they asked her various questions while Asad was conversing with everyone easily.

"You okay?" Asad asked once they were alone in the guest room. Zoya looked troubled.

"It's just I can't talk with new people.." she replied.

"Since when?" He asked nonchalantly.

"Since childhood" She replied.

"Liar" Asad said before entering the bathroom. Zoya frowned, how can he know?

"Zoya beta, come join us" Chachi called Zoya to join them, ladies were assembled in a room and were getting henna applied, Zoya was made to sit next to the bride, she smiled at Zoya and Zoya returned it. The room was ringing with talks and laugher of the women. Zoya smiled watching everyone in such good mood.

"Enjoying?" Chachi asked as she sat next to Zoya and her daughter. Zoya nodded with a smile, her mood was improving with the fun around her.

"How is married life treating you?" She asked.

"Alhamdulillah" Zoya replied.

Chachi's daughter-in-law was applying henna on Zoya's palm, Zoya was getting comfortable with her. She talked about different things and Zoya listened. Zoya watched as her daughter about two years old was trying to gain her attention. She made her sit in her lap and continued Zoya's henna design. The girl was staring at Zoya, her mother asked her to greet Zoya, she shyly did. Zoya talked to the little girl.

"Bhabhi, stop shaking" She was reprimanded by the girl's mother, they giggled, the girl had now crawled on to Zoya's lap.

"You are so good with kids" She praised, Zoya smiled.

"When are planning to have your own?" She touched the raw nerve. Zoya stared at the girl in her lap , her eyes filling with unshed tears.

"Bhabhi, you okay?"

"Yeah, I need to use washroom" Zoya excused herself from the crowd. Asad looked up from his phone as someone entered the room.

"Zoya?" She looked disturbed.