Part Six

Part Six

"Are you okay?" Gafoor asked as Asad got down the car his forehead bleeding. Asad winced as he touched his wound.

"There’s a clinic nearby" Humeira informed glancing worriedly at Zoya and Asad. Gafoor took Asad to clinic and his wound was cleaned and bandaged.

"What happened?" Gafoor asked others joined him. Zoya stood behind her mother and sister her eyes were swollen because of crying.

" the kid came suddenly in front of the car, breaks weren't working and I had to take other turn to avoid hitting the kid" Asad explained.

"Didn't you know while arriving here?" Gafoor asked worried.

"No, they were working fine.. it just happened now" Asad's face was scrunched in pain.

Asad’s car was sent to garage, Gafoor decided he wants to drop them, when Asad said he will call Ayaan or driver to get another car. They settled in the car, Asad in passenger seat and Zoya and Humaira in backseat, with Gafoor driving. Zoya refused to leave Humaira's hand, so Humaira decided to accompany them. It was nearly midnight, surprisingly function went on  longer than Asad expected. He looked in the mirror and found Zoya looking out, she had taken off her niqaab and opened window for fresh air even though the AC was on, he noticed her eyes were glassy and red rimmed.

Asad rested his head on the seat and stared at front, he didn't know what she was thinking and he didn't understand what he was feeling, He was married now and the intensity of situation didn't sink in untill he saw her crying while leaving her parents, he was going to share his complete life and everything with someone now and most importantly his house wouldn't feel empty anymore and it will become home again and hoped he and Zoya get along well. The deal, whatever had happened is past and now on he was going to make it work.

Zoya was numb, she couldn't feel a thing except she was to stay away from her parents and was going to stay with a man , precisely her husband. Husband? The intensity of the word wasn't sinking in, she didn't feel married, was she still in denial? Her head was bursting with pain after all that happened today.

The car come to halt infront of Khan Villa, Everyone got down except her, she was still lost in her thoughts.

"Baji" Humaira shook her a little.

"Huh" Zoya looked at the three pairs of eyes that were looking at her with concern. She got down. Humaira hugged her and then Gafoor, she was confused.

"We will take your leave now" Gafoor said softly, Zoya's eyes widened, she clutched Gafoor's hand shaking her head, Gafoor's eyes  glistened with tears.

"Take care beta" he kissed her forehead.

"Abbu" she chocked, shaking her head as he tried to free his hand from his hold.

"We will come tomorrow to meet you" he cajoled. Zoya shook her head trying hard not to cry out aloud.

"Promise" he whispered like he always did since she was a child.

"Promise?" She looked in his eyes seeking confirmation.

"Promise" he smiled tearily. Asad felt bad watching the scene, he rolled his eyes upwards, he missed his parents, if his mother was alive then she would have consoled Zoya. He stepped forward standing next to Zoya, nodding at Gafoor, that he was here for Zoya, she will be fine. Humaira got in the car quickly and muffled her sobs. She wished Allah helps her Baji and keeps her happy always.

It pained Gafoor, he was fighting to urge take her back with him. He couldn't ever refuse her anything and now that he has trusted Asad with her responsibility ,he expects him to be good with his daughter, if he can leave everything for his daughter then he can even snatch back everything for her. Asad could feel the warning in Gafoor's eyes , that did frighten Asad, he maintained the eye contact, he wasn't that cruel person.