Part Twenty seven

Part Twenty Seven

Zoya smiled at her father handing him his tea cup, She walked towards her room with the tray containing a cup of tea for her husband. She kept the tray on table as Asad was in washroom. She waited for him to come out.

"Thanks for the tea" he said picking up the cup. Zoya smiled in response.

"So, what have you decided?" He asked sitting on chair.

"About what?" She asked acting innocent, she knew what he meant, but she wasn't ready, she couldn't forget that woman's curse, if anything happens to him?

"Are you coming home or not?" He asked.

"No" She mumbled.

"Is that your final final decision?" He asked fixing her with a glare.

"I.." Zoya shuttered unable to form a proper reply.

"Yes or No? Answer me loud and clear" Zoya wasn't looking at him.

"I won't be asking again and may not come back again to ask." Zoya looked up shocked.

"What do you mean?" She asked hesitantly.

"It depends on your decision today, you don't want to come back, then I am leaving you alone" he replied casually.

"You won't even be coming here?" She asked.

"No" He stated bluntly. Zoya was taken aback by his declaration.

"You mean ..." She trailed off , her heart felt heavy.

"It depends on you, come back,we can start back our relation, if you don't want to come back, I guess, that's it then" Zoya stared at him shocked.

"So what's your decision?" He asked, hands in the pocket , he stood there casually.

"I want to..." She trailed off as her brain reminded her of the woman and her warning.

"Your husband will meet the same end!" 

"Yes?" Asad waited for her to continue, he expected her to come back with him.

"I want to stay here" She mumbled, Asad groaned in frustration. They stared at each other hoping other would say something that would stop their dilemma, Asad's cell rang breaking their staring session, Asad looked down at his cell, he ended the call but it rang again. Zoya saw the caller ID, Asad answered it.

"Yes Sama?" Zoya watched as she spoke so calmly with her, her heart squeezed in pain.

"I am coming home" He ended the call and looked at Zoya , his expressions hard.

"Fine then!" He marched out without casting a last glance at her, Zoya sat on bed feeling weak, this was it then , one call from Sama and he left without trying to talk her out of the decision, without a goodbye or even a single glace at her. Was this end of her relationship? Was Asad serious about not coming here again?

Asad smiled at Khala as they sat for dinner, it was unusually silent, Hajira was relaxed as Zoya wasn't home, she would talk to Asad once again before leaving and she knew he will understand her this time. With Waiz and Wali gone, it was too silent, Sadiq, Ayaan and Arbaaz made small talk, he was relieved when Arbaaz announced he too was leaving the same day as Hajira but Zeenat was worried for his health, he assured her that he was better and needed to get back to work, that made Asad roll his eyes, which Arbaaz observed and returned it with a glare. Ayaan was leaving tomorrow morning, he was aloof through out the day, Sama had only called because of Hajira and informed him to be home as she thought Hajira was planning to drop by Zoya's house, he was thankful for that, he left without explaining anything to Zoya as he noticed change in her expressions and Sama would be reason for that, if he maybe tries to get her jealous maybe she will change her mind, but how many days will it take? Sama would be leaving tomorrow night.