Part Forty Five

As-Salam-u-Alaikum,
I know I had been gone for long, things were hectic for me, my new job, family and then writer's block. I wrote this Part but i am not satisfied with it, i still need motivation but I couldn't make you people wait any longer, so here the another update!

Part Forty-five

"Okay team, we will continue with the remaining presentations in our next meeting, until then keep thinking and transform your ideas on paper or any way you wish, after I have all the presentations , I will finalise the three best of them , it can even be more depending on the idea and we will even have  voting for the selection of final design." She spoke addressing her team.

"I hope you all still have the email of my design that you have to improve?" She asked, a chorus of 'yes' echoed in the conference room. She allowed them to leave, there were scrapping sound of chairs , shuffling of papers as everyone began to disperse. Zoya sighed softly, feeling tired.

"Allah, it's so late." She exclaimed noticing time.

"He would be purposefully exhausting himself instead of reminding me we are late, even Najma is on leave otherwise I would have known the time." She muttered packing her things, thinking of how to scold Asad. She quickly corrected her scarf and running towards his cabin dialing driver’s number.

The person was about to inject the syringe
but stopped as footsteps echoed in the corridor breaking the silence, people were talking as they were collecting their bags to leave the office, due to panic, the syringe slipped from the hand, the syringe rolled down the table,  the person bent to retrieve it but had to run from there as the footsteps got closer and Asad stirred from his nap.

"Bye ma'am!"

"Good evening ma'am" Zoya acknowledged her team's greetings and waited till they crossed the corridor before walking towards Asad's cabin.

"Ya Allah! I am so clumsy." She stopped outside his cabin as her cell slipped from her hand. The hooded person backed in darkness behind the pillar outside Asad’s cabin. Zoya picked her cell and checked it entering Asad’s cabin, she was standing in door way checking it for any damage, she turned around quickly as she felt someone passed behind her, she looked around but found no one, she sighed and returned to his cabin.

Asad woke up when something fell with a thud and he heard some one speaking loudly, he forced his eyes open, his head ache worst than before, he held his head feeling like throwing up, his medicine didn't show any effect. He noticed Zoya walking in, he straightened.

"Why didn’t you inform me we are late?" She asked irritating him. He suddenly felt  irritated with everyone and everything.

"I am boss not you." He replied curtly packing his things, he could feel veins throbbing in his head.

"Asad are you OK?" She asked worried.

"Why do you care?" He retorted glaring at her and marching out of the cabin, she gasped as his eyes were red.

"I am your wife so I care." She replied.

"Thanks for reminding." He replied sarcastically and moving ahead without waiting for her, his face held irritated expressions as Zoya caught up with him tying her veil.

"Why do you work so much when its hurting?" She asked but he didn’t reply.

Driver started the car as they approached, Asad got in front seat next to driver , Zoya sadly got in behind. She was looking out through the window and Asad bc lowered the window to let the air in , he felt a little better, he was looking at her through rare view mirror as she was having her veil on, he could only see those eyes of hers, he noticed her eyes widened in shock and he looked out to check what frightened her. He found no one, he looked back at her she too was looking out for something. He couldn’t understand what frightened her?