Part Twenty

Part Twenty

"Bhaijaan, where are you going?" Waiz asked.

"To my room" Asad replied.

"Not again? You can work freely after the Walima is done and we will be gone, now spend some time with us!" Wali whined.

"I need my mobile, I will be down in a minute" Asad replied marching upstairs.

He stopped upon opening his room, he felt an odd sense of someone being in the room, he looked around the room everything was in it's place. He picked his cell from the nightstand and then noticed something at the foot of table. He frowned picking up the key, how come it's here?

"Must have dropped when Wali dragged me to come with him" He shook his head, he bent to close the last draw and kept the key in his wallet and pushed it back in his pocket.

"Bhai!"

"Coming!" He shouted back and left closing the room behind, clearly missing someone lurking in balcony watching him from behind the curtains.

"My Bhabhi should have the best design" Nuzhat said to the artist, she nodded and started applying the design on Zoya's hand.

"Madam please don't move" The artist reprimanded her, Zoya nodded at her apologizing.  Maids were already sent home as Zoya had requested one artist specially for them, Mostly everyone was done except Zeenat and Lubna Phuphu, they had served dinner for gents and had dinner. Zeenat fed Nuzhat and then was asked to sit down to henna applied, She had asked Zoya if she should feed her but Zoya refused, she didn't feel like having anything. Hajira Phuphu's mehendi was already dried and she was feeding Sama , while Lubna Phuphu was helping Sadiqa. Everyone had by now retired to their rooms, Lubna and Zeenat were getting up complaining about the numb feet and stiff neck as their designs were completed, Zoya was the last one to get done, Asad walked in before knocking, he paid the artists and they left in the car he arranged for them to be dropped home safely.

Asad frowned as he didn't find Zoya in the other living room as he returned from outside after locking the door. He walked inside and found her already going upstairs.

"Must be tired" shrugging, he switched off lights and followed her upstairs. She was standing near the end of bed, struggling to take off her dupatta that was wrapped around her head but couldn't due to henna on her palms, he helped her to remove the dupatta, being careful not to spoil the henna as it hadn't dried, she turned away from him, he frowned as sadness clouded her features.

"Hey " he whispered hugging her from behind and rested his face in the crook of her neck, she went stiff and then relaxed.

"Still upset?" He asked, she frowned and tried to turn to face him but he mistook it, he thought she wants to move away.

"I am sorry, I was angry , it's just that I... "He trialed off.

"It's okay" She replied trying to move but he tightened his hold.

"No you are still upset"

"I am not.. I am just.."

"Hungry" he completed as her stomach grumbled at the right time.

"No.. I .." she felt embarrassed.

"Why didn't you have dinner?" He asked moving away, turning her to face him. She looked at her palms, Asad sighed.

"You could have asked Khala" He said disappointed with her carelessness.

"Khala did offer but I didn't feel like having anything."

"And now you are hungry.." He was leaving.

"Asad please, I don't want to eat anything"

"You are not sleeping hungry."