Part Seven.

Part Seven

"Zoya do you remember the deal? I have control over 50% of your father's company now, if you disobey me, you'll be the reason for your father's down fall!"

Zoya shivered as she recalled his warning, what has she gotten herself into? Gafoor was very good at judging people's character then how did he fail to see what Asad actually was? She was right people change while growing up, so did Asad. How much did she know Asad to say that? She remembers him from school and has only interacted during competitions or celebrations at school , she didn't much about him. What will she do now?  She was tired and wanted to get rid of the heavy bridal dress and jewelry. She sighed frustrated as she forgot to bring her night clothes. She didn't want to face Asad but she can't stay in washroom, she is going to stay with him, how long can she avoid him. She slowly opened the door and peeked, she stepped out being sure he wasn't in the room. She took off her abaya and hijaab , her suitcase was near the dressing table attached to wardrobe, she stopped infront of the mirror, looking at her attire, the dress was beautiful but she didn't even looked like a bride, the make up had washed off, her eyes were swollen due to the crying ,she didn't look like a bride, no bride would have looked this horrible on her Nikha, her eyes welled up again at the thought of Nikah, Asad's accident and his warning.

"Ya Allah ,help me " she sobbed sitting on the stool of the dresser. She started to unpin her hair, her hair cascade down her shoulders, she tried to remove the head jewelery, her hands stilled as the door opened.

"Zoya?"  He called out softly.

"Need any help?" He asked , she shook her head vigorously. He gave a forced smile and ambled towards the bed, she was scared of him and maybe even hated him after he threatened to ruin her father's business. He looked up as she was taking off the jewelry, her hair caught his attention, the black hair  looked soft, they complimented her fair skin and he had a sudden urge to touch them, he dropped the idea knowing how his wife is going to panic.

It took her few minutes to gain control over her rapidly beating heart, she was shocked with his sudden appearance, her head wasn't covered, she wanted to move quickly and cover her head with something but her legs weren't cooperating , she calmed down  as she realized he was her husband and she didn't need to cover her hair but it was a age old habit of covering her head from men that she couldn't help be flustered. She looked up and saw Asad's reflection in the mirror, he was in deep thoughts, he looked tired and maybe in pain too, she thought as she noticed his face scrunched in pain and his hands reached to his head.

"Are you done Zoya?" He asked exhausted. She stilled, was he waiting for her, why? He just promised not to do anything she wasn't comfortable with. Asad eyes met hers in reflection of mirror.

"For the last time Zoya! trust me I'm not going to do anything, I was asking so that I could switch off the lights and sleep!" He cried out in frustration. She averted her gaze from his eyes and looked down at her jewelry. She stood up and quickly took her clothes from the suitcase, while Asad studied her moves silently.

"I am done, you can go to sleep" she spoke in a small voice. Asad nodded getting up to keep away his watch , wallet and cell on bedside table and turned to get into his side of bed but stopped as Zoya stared at bed horrified. He rolled his eyes, grimacing at her.

"I'll take the couch" he said tautly. Zoya frowned , “couch?" Asad was confused and turned to go towards loveseat and was shocked to see it missing from the room, it was there till this morning, Ayaan , he mentally groaned. What should he do now? Try to sleep in curled position on window seat or hanging basket, it would be uncomfortable and he wouldn't fit but what can he do? One side was his wife , who feared away from him like he was contaminated and other side his prankster brother, who planned all this , if he stays in other room and gets caught by Ayaan it'll only lead to a mess, if his brother gets whiff of what was basis of their Nikha maybe he would even loose the respect Ayaan holds for him, and he wanted to change Zoya's thinking that staying with her leads to unluckiness, but current situation was making him think otherwise, had the problems just started, what was he thinking, starting to consider her unlucky? he hit his palm on forehead and yelped in pain. Zoya was studying the emotions that played on his face, she felt bad being such a trouble in his life, she eyed the window seat and for sure it wasn't big enough for him or her.