Part Forty Seven

Part Forty-seven

Arbaaz sighed heavily, he regretted speaking that word, he didn't wish to damage their relation, he just wanted to get rid of his guilt by asking Asad's forgiveness, even after everything he had done to make Asad's life miserable, Asad still helped him out without expecting a simple thanks and for the first time he wanted do something good but he ended up ruining the relationship Asad valued the most. He knew Asad's love for Zoya, he knew it when Asad did everything in his control for Zoya, he felt it was his mistake for the problem that started between Asad and Zoya, he would be forever regretful if they separated because of him, if the problem started because of him then he should be the one mending it but how?

Asad had locked himself in his room as Zoya had flinched away from him, it took few moments for Zoya to get grip over her, he felt bad for her, she was shivering as she spoke the word 'murder', she went down the steps holding on to the railing, he didn't know where she was, he knew she was in the house but doesn't know exactly where, he didn't think it as right thing to approach her to make her understand things, she looked shaken up, he will speak once she is well composed. He sat in backyard trying to think of something, that could solve the problems of the couple.

Zoya took a deep breath, trying to calm herself, she couldn't believe what she heard, Asad , a murderer? Arbaaz promising to keep that as a secret, he had been extracting money from Asad and Asad had been paying him to keep his mouth shut, now she understood why they were indifferent with each other.

Now what changed? why was Arbaaz having a sudden change of heart that he was promising not to blackmail Asad for money. She shook her head to remove all those thoughts. Why does Arbaaz calls Asad a murderer? Whom had Asad murdered?

"Murdered?! Ya Allah." She wiped the sweat off her face, had Asad really killed someone? She shook her head vigorously, she can't believe it. Could he do that? She wiped her eyes with back of her palm, what should she do now? She slumped on the nearby chair, she was in the other dining room, she poured herself some water in a glass and gulped it, she closed her eyes to calm her racing heart.

She sighed, it felt surreal, it can't be true, crazy things like these happen in stories, you can't be married to murderer or mafia and know nothing about it, you can't be oblivious to such bad side of your partner, something or other gives them out. She recalled every moment with Asad, yes he was short tempered and looks intimidating when angry but murdering someone? Was it possible for her Asad? She had given him tough time, troubled him but he never did anything ruthless with her, he always gave her a chance to speak up for herself whatever the situation had been then shouldn't she be doing the same? Should she approach Asad and get clarity over the matter, maybe there could be something more to the story, she wanted to give herself some hope. She should give Asad a benefit of doubt, that was her husband, her Asad and she shouldn't be deciding things based on a small conversation she heard, she should have spoken to Asad. She got up determined, she was going to speak to Asad, she was going to understand what's the truth, what happened and why?

She stood outside her room, hesitant to open the door, she didn't feel confident enough to speak with him or enquire about it, but should she ask him about it? Or wait for him to tell her himself? What if he gets offended? But murder was a big thing, she can't believe her Asad could do that and be normal but then she doesn't know him as much as he knows her, she was struck with another thought, he knew many things about her that no one knew, was Asad somewhere related to the deaths in her life? She stepped back from the door, she shook her head, she was thinking rubbish, another thought struck her , then why was he ready to marry her , bear her tantrums , tolerate her idiocy? Why does he says he would have married her without the deal even after knowing everything about the problems that surround her? Shaitaan was playing tricks with her mind. She wouldn't want to give in these negative thoughts and damage their marriage.