Part Sixty

As-Salam-u-Alaikum,

Do you like to know the good new or the bad news first?

Are you of those who want to listen to bad new first to console themselves with good news?

Any way you are going to get both 😪

Part Sixty

"Asad?" Zoya called out again.

"Asad, did something fall and is there someone with you?" She asked nearing the stairs. Asad left the breath he was holding, he looked at the staircase, she wasn't here.

"Yeah, the vase fell, Haider is with me, you go and rest, we will take care of this" Asad shouted back, he passed a hand over his face.

Zoya walked back to her room, she woke up with a start as something crashed loudly, she wondered where Asad was and came out to search for him, she heard the sounds coming from downstairs and assumed someone was with Asad, though she couldn't understand what they were talking, she called out only to make sure, there was no non-mehram downstairs.

She sat back on bed and pulled comforter over her legs. She remembered about the tests, they should have collected her reports two days back but due to the parking lot incident, it had slipped their minds, she thought of reminding Asad about them and ask him to send someone else to get the reports, she would become restless if Asad goes out.

She desperately wanted to know about her medical reports, she wanted to be a hundred percent sure before telling Asad. She remembered that day when she visited her doctor for check up, she hoped it was a normal flu but what doctor told her threw her off the edge. She can't be, could she? The doctor said she was expecting.

Expecting? She didn't react for a moment, she questioned doctor if she was sure and explained her medical history. Doctor was sure she was pregnant, then she suggested blood and urine tests, she was still shocked when she stepped out of doctor's cabin.

She didn't want to belive the doctor, she didn't want to hope for the impossible and raise her and Asad's hopes , only to have them crashing, what if doctor was wrong? She wasn't a gynecologist right? What if she misread her symptoms? The urine test could be wrong too, right? Due to hormonal imbalance it could give positive results right? She wasn't ready to accept it, first she thought of all the excuses and reasons she could think off just to keep herself from hoping and only to have her hopes crashing down.

She can't share it with Asad without being 100% sure. She had so many questions running in her mind, she went to buy her medication and even brought pregnancy tests and then her worst nightmare was standing before her, she was recalling that nightmare she had before undergoing the miscarriage, she wasn't imagining him, he wasn't just a figment of her imagination this time, she couldn't have saved herself if it wasn't for her determination to save her baby this time and Allah helped her.

The pregnancy kits she had bought were still in her bag, which she had used once her nerves calmed. She was waiting impatiently for the time to tickle, she was hopeful, she did miss her period and was two weeks late, she was startled when all the three indicated positive, she was expecting, tears of joy were flowing from her eyes but she wanted even the reports before she could tell Asad, they were blessed again, they were going to be parents but she was even scared that something could go wrong like the last time.

She didn't want to tell anyone about her baby, she was going to have a baby when there was no hope of it, as soon as she stepped out of washroom, she had fallen in sajda-e-shukr , thanking Allah for the miracle and seeking forgiveness for being hopeless, how could she despair in Allah's mercy, it's him who bestows whom He wills, just because a doctor told her she can't conceive, she became hopeless? She belived a human over God? If God wills anything can happen. It's all easy for Allah, it's just 'Kun, faya kun' for him, 'Be and it shall be'. He has to just say 'Be' and it will happen.