Part Ten

Part Ten

"Zoya" Asad shook her lightly.

"Hmm" She stared at him through her half opened eyes.

"Fajr" He said moving away. Zoya sat up groggily, he was the one who woke up for morning prayer everyday, it still shocked her that Asad would wake up for fajr everyday even if he slept very late. She never woke up by herself, it was her mother who would wake her for fajr and she passed the duty to her son-in-law now.

"Can you walk ?" He asked, she frowned at his question, off course she can walk, she got up and realized what he meant as she yelped in pain. He quickly stabled her, his one arm around her shoulder and other one holding her palm in his, she felt the same shiver running down her spine.

"I'll wait out" he said after helping her in the bathroom and leaving closing the door behind him, she hadn't realized she was already in bathroom she had been busy staring at him and the feeling weird sensations that aroused inside her, she walked by taking the support of wall, bolting the door she managed to do the necessities and did her ablution with difficulty, she did remember her mother saying that they could run a wet hand on the bandage or if wearing socks , she hoped she was right and struggled her way out , Asad was standing near the door leaning against the wall.

"I'll walk with support of wall" she said before he can take her hand, she didn't want to feel the tingling sensation but he flinched at her stiff tone. He gave her a curt nod and left the room, he was goes to masjid to pray. Zoya felt bad for Asad but she couldn't point out why? She reached the side of her bed, prayer mat for her was already laid, it only increased her guilt, he was only trying to help, her conscious told her. She will have to wait for him to apologise, he wouldn't be back soon after prayer, he would sit in masjid to recite Qur'an.

She felt exhausted by the time she was done with her prayer and managed to get to bed, her foot stinging with pain, she couldn't take it anymore, she slipped towards Asad's side of bed and leaned to pick up the painkillers kept on his side table, she was startled as someone held her wrist.

"You shouldn't" said Asad pulling away the meds , she looked at him exasperated, her foot was paining badly and he wouldn't let her have another painkiller.

"It not good to take it on empty stomach" he answered her glare.

"It's paining" she said with a hint pleading in it. Asad sighed and left the room taking the painkillers with him. She scowled at his retreating back. She moved to her side , she knew he was purposefully doing it, just because she refused his help and here she was thinking of apologizing to him. She laid down blinking her eyes rapidly to stop the tears.

"Get up" She heard his voice, she didn't wish to see his face and closed her eyes tightly. She felt the bed of his side dipping.

"Come on Zoya, I know you aren't sleeping, have this before taking the painkiller" She opened her eyes to look at him, he pointed at the tray kept next to him , loaded with biscuits and glass of milk. She stared at him unbelievingly , he chuckled at her shocked face and asked her to sit up and have milk. She did as told and still not believing what was happening, she had the milk and biscuits, he laid down on his side with his arm covering his eyes, she took with painkiller with last gulp of milk draining the glass, she reached for water bottle took few sips.

"Keep the tray on side table , don't bother about it" came his voice, his arm still covering his eyes, she did as told and switched off the lamp.

"Jazak Allahu Khayran " She said softly, she thought he was already sleep and didn't hear her.

"wa 'anti fa-jazaki-llahu khayran" came his reply in sleepy state, She smiled.

She leaned against the headboard not wishing to lay down right after having her breakfast, her heart was racing she knew the reason, which for sure was because of his concern, she was beginning to feel something strange for him , he has to stop being good to her. She didn't know when she slept but was shocked when she woke up, it was late than usual, Asad would have left for office it was nine of morning, he wakes up at 7:30 and now that he would have already left for office, that means she'll have to face Khala alone, what must she be thinking about Zoya, she would always wake up due to noise caused by Asad as he got ready for office and he was the one who let's Sabera in for making breakfast, for both the families and she after preparing breakfast would go back to get her daughter ready for school but why didn't she wake up today, maybe effect of painkillers or he got ready carefully today. She got up and stood up carefully , she thanked Allah her foot didn't pain , she thought of getting ready quickly and go down, she stopped as she heard Asad's car pulling out of garage, he was still home if she calls him back maybe she could save herself from embarrassment and Khala's displeasure. She hurried towards the balcony sliding door , she pulled back the curtain a little and saw Asad's car was near the gate,she slide the door , stepping outside putting dupatta on her head, but she stopped what she was doing, going to shout from here , how embarrassing would it be if he knows why she called him back, just to save herself from Khala, his car stopped near the gate, Watchman was opening the gate. She watched Asad talking to girl standing next to watchman.