Part Thirty-three

The difficult part to write and the things going really bad!

Part Thirty-three.

"Ammi?" Asad walked out behind Zainab from the ward as doctor stepped in to check on Gafoor. Zainab faced him signaling him to continue.

"Are you okay?" He asked noticing her tired face. She nodded trying to smile.

"Can I ask you something?" She frowned.

"Are you upset with Zoya?"

"Why would I be?" She asked startled by the question.

"Everything that's going on and doctor telling Abbu should have been brought in earlier..."

"So? Why will I blame my daughter for something that's not in her control? And as you heard, Gafoor could have been brought earlier, don't you see it also meant he was brought in time." Zainab smiled, Asad returned it.

"Why do you think I was upset with Zoya?" She asked. He replied what he felt and her face expressions.

"I don't even remember what was I thinking.." She sighed.

"Now you tell me why didn't Zoya come with you?" She noticed Asad's hesitation.

"Don't tell me she thinks I would..." Asad nodded.

"And I thought you didn't bring her because she was expecting.." Asad related her about Zoya's condition, she was unconscious for most of the time and now doesn't want to come here. Zainab shook her head , upset with Zoya's condition.

"You look tired , you should go home, I will stay here"

"I am fine" Asad interrupted.

"You go home , freshen up, rest , have lunch and come back then" Asad suggested. Zainab kept refusing.

"I am sorry for yesterday Ammi, I should have stayed here , it wasn't right for you to stay here alone at night."

"It's okay beta, you don't apologise,I can understand your condition , you were worried for Zoya.. My sister's son stayed here with me" She replied with a smile.

Zoya stared at the wall clock, it was past lunch time and Asad hadn't returned home, she tried his number after fighting an internal conflict but it was unreachable. She was worried if everything was fine with her father or not. She kept praying for her father and dosed off on the couch.

Asad returned home in evening, he came across Zoya sleeping on couch, had she been here all day? Did she even eat?  Sabera entered the house, she informed him to have lunch, Zoya had asked her to wake up her when Asad returns. He asked her not to disturb Zoya and asked her if Zoya had lunch, she replied in positive.

Asad went to freshen up, he wanted to shift Zoya to bed but that would wake her up, he decided to let it be and let her sleep on couch, he changed and came downstairs, he crouched down near the couch, her face looked stressed even in sleep, Asad caressed her face, he frowned she was burning up, Zoya stirred from her sleep.

"Asad! Abbu?" She spoke once her eyes focused on his face.

"He is better now." He assured her, she tried to sit up.

"I going to have lunch, wanna join?" He asked getting up. She nodded muttering she was hungry. Asad had returned when Zainab's nephew insisted he would stay in hospital at night.

"Abbu was asking about you, why don't you just visit him once?" He asked after as they got ready to sleep.

"I can't..."