Part Eleven

Part Eleven

Next morning both Asad and Zoya came upon a silent agreement that they weren't going to think about what had and could have transpired at night. They behaved perfectly normal infront of Zeenat. Date of Walima was set, by end of this week his aunts would arrive and Next Saturday was their Walima. Zoya was internally freaking out, she can't be in presence of so many people, how will she manage , meeting everyone for few hours was different than having to stay with houseful of people with whom she will have to interact.

"Abbu had three sisters, Eldest one of them , Rasheeda Phuphu is no more, she was Abbu's twin born few minutes before him" Asad sat down on Sunday to explain her about his aunts, they were in their room's balcony, settled in the two hanging chairs and having their morning coffee, it was early morning , Zoya was enjoying the cool weather and the chirping of birds which took flight from their nests in quest of food for the day until Asad brought up the topic and Zoya remembered the impending arrival of his family.

"Other two are younger than Abbu, You spoke to them, Hajira Phuphu is second eldest , her family moved to US six years back as her husband who works in Indian foreign services, he keeps transferring from place to place , US was his final destination , she would be arriving with her husband Riyaz and her daughter Sama, she would be a year older than you , son Sadiq three years younger to Sama and another daughter Sadiqa younger to Sadiq by 3 years I guess , she is 17 now two years older to Nuzhat , not just matching names, She is exactly like Sadiq in personality sweet, calm and practicing , she is more attached to him and does everything as he does, Phuphu loves show off, otherwise nothing to be bothered about, Phupha doesn't speak much , be careful with Sama , she can be really annoying, takes pride in everything and thinks she owns everyone, doesn't wears hijaab , Sadiq is like Phupha, silent and complete opposite of Sama , a good practicing Muslim"  Zoya was trying to remember all the information but she couldn't ignore the underlying irritation in Asad's tone when he spoke about Sama.

"Then comes the youngest one Lubna Phuphu, they live in Kuwait, she is sweet but gets offended easily, so if she gifts you anything just accept it , don't even try to deny her, she wouldn't like it" He warned.

"Even she would be arriving with her husband Wajid phupha and her two sons Wali and Waiz , Phupha has a good sense of humor , Wali is same age of Sadiq and Waiz is three years younger to him , nothing to worry about both, good natured but mischievous"

"Then there is Ayaan, you already met him and he is same age as you.. that's it." he sipped his coffee in silence as Zoya repeated everything again and again mentally.

"Where are they staying?" She asked hopefully that they all are going to stay at some hotel.

"Off course here, the house is big enough.."

"Oh" Zoya was disappointed.

"I know you would have to wear your hijaab all day, I'm sorry.." Zoya shook her head, hijaab wasn't a problem, she can stay all day in hijaab the problem was having so many people around her and she feared interacting with them. They sat in silence staring at the scenery infront of them while their minds were thinking or say stressing about other things.

Later that day , Humaira dropped by on Nuzhat's insistence and since then they could hear them chat and laugh sharing funny stories.

"I can't believe they became so close in a few meetings" Zeenat said as she settled in living room with Zoya and Asad while Humaira and Nuzhat were in kitchen baking cake.

"Humaira gets along with everyone easily" Zoya said with little smile. There was a time she could have long conversations with people she just met but now it looks a matter of ages.