Part Twenty-one

Twenty One.

He watched  as Asad marched down the stairs with a frown. What's gotten into him? Has he found out about the papers before he could handover them to Mittal.

Yesterday, he was so near to being caught by Asad, he was still near his desk when he luckily heard Waiz trying to stop Asad, he had managed to replace the Mittal's papers with blank papers and quickly pushed in the desk and tried to move quicker to hide, hurting his foot on the way, he was luckily in balcony watching him from behind the curtains as Asad entered the room.

Asad didn't notice him, he panicked when Asad picked up the key from the floor, he had dropped that in hurry and forgot to replace it in the lock.

"Must have fallen when Wali dragged me come with him" Asad muttered to himself and he sighed in relief. Asad locked the desk, he did cast a glance around, he muffled his mouth, he was still breathing heavily and was trying to ignore the pain in his foot. He came out of his hiding carefully once Asad left and he heard his footsteps hitting against the stairs.

He was successful, he can finally get rid of Mittal with this work and he felt guilty too for cheating Asad, he did hate him, not enough to cause him harm but right now he needed to take care of other things first. Asad can handle Mittal by himself. He should worry about pulling himself out of  Mittal's clutches.

Asad smiled as he found Ayaan settled on the couch busy in his mobile. He neared and noticed Ayaan was lost in some thoughts not in his mobile.

"Ayaan?"

"Ji Bhai?" He replied startled.

"You woke up early" Asad said taking seat next to him, he needed some company to divert his mind, he didn't want to overthink about Zoya being pregnant and only have his hopes crashing, his wife didn't look pleased with the chance of being pregnant, why? Or maybe he was reading too much into the situation. Maybe she is just not feeling well to even understand what's happening around, yeah that could be the reason. She will be happy like he will be, when it will be confirmed about his child, he can't believe it was happening, he would find out in few hours that he is going to be a Father, he is going to have a family of his own. What will it be? A daughter or son? A daughter would be fine, no maybe son as first borne would be fine, boys usually aren't difficult to handle, maybe he can gain some experience while handling a son and then maybe he will be ready to handle a daughter next. Yes , that sounds good. No, maybe he wouldn't be prepared for a girl child, they are so delicate and whine alot as he watched his cousin sisters, and two girls at a time is a risk, Zoya herself being a crybaby all the time, he will have difficult time managing crying girls at a time.

Arbaaz limped next to Ayaan, offering him a smile, he raised his eyebrows in question indicating at Asad with a jerk of his head, Ayaan shrugged. Asad zoned out while talking to him.

"Bhai?" He called out carefully.

"Huh?"

"You okay? You seem lost"

"Umm.. yeah I am fine, just something..." He shook his head, he had decided to talk to Ayaan to divert his mind and yet here he was planning life ahead.

"How are you feeling Arbaaz Bhai?" Ayaan asked.

"Good Ayaan, at least you asked, Asad never cared" Arbaaz replied.

"I am the one who is making sure you get treated Arbaaz Bhai" Asad replied stressing last word with pure venom.

"Oh sometimes I forget I am the eldest. And Asad I still don't feel well, maybe if you change my doctor for a better one" Arbaaz replied with smugness. Ayaan frowned at their exchange. Asad rolled his eyes, Arbaaz was recovering well, he was able to limp his way, he was better except for his face, the swelling hadn't gone down yet, his face was still unrecognizable, even if his aunts left , how long was he going to stay? He wished he could kick him out after everyone left but he knew well he couldn't and he won't.