Part Forty Six

Part Forty-six

"Abbu" Zoya pointed at the ward Gafoor was standing near. Asad and she approached him.

"As-Salam-u-Alaikum Abbu, how is Ammi?" They greeted and enquired.

"Wa-Alaikum-Assalam" He replied to their greetings and told them about Zainab's condition.

"Food poisoning" Zoya repeated, it reminded her of the cost she had to pay because of it. Asad shook his head at her, he didn't want her to think about that time.

"Yes , you know your Ammi , she loves those roadside Chaat (savory snacks), who can argue with her on this " Gafoor shook his head disappointedly.

"Its okay Abbu, Ammi is fine now, Alhamdulillah " Zoya said.

"Where is Humeira?" She asked.

"Left a hour back for your Chachu’s house" Gafoor replied.

"Asad and Zoya you both should go home and freshen up , Asad should rest he is still recovering." Gafoor said as he noticed Asad standing near the wall silently.

"Asad can go, I’ll wait till Ammi wakes up" Zoya spoke.

"Its okay I’ll wait , we will meet Ammi and leave." Asad said.

"But.." Asad glared and she stopped. Asad and Gafoor left for prayer while Zoya used prayer room of hospital and sat by Zainab’s bed. She spoke to her Ammi, asked her not be so careless with her health. Doctor came to check Zainab so Zoya was asked to go out.

"What are you doing here?" Zoya turned to find her Raziya Khala. She didn't want her to say anything hurtful, she hadn't met her after that incident in her house.

"Assalamualaikum, Khala I came to meet Ammi" Zoya greeted and replied nervously, hoping to excuse herself.

"Why? Is my sister your next target? Aren’t you satisfied by killing many people? Sending your father to hospital and because of your unluckiness Asad, your husband met another accident, you didn't even spare your own child, you better stay away I don’t want any bad luck like you around my sister." She spoke venomously. Zoya was taken aback by her hatred, tears pooled in her eyes.

"Don't speak to my wife in that tone." Asad gritted, she wasn't expecting him to be back, Gafoor and Asad looked angry with Raziya.

"I already told you Raziya but you did it again!" Gafoor had enough of her, he was only tolerating her because she was Zainab's sister.

"I didn’t say anything wrong, you can see yourself what happened to you..." She was cut off by Asad.

"Enough of this now, I don't understand what kind of Muslim are you? Everything happens as Allah has willed, even if a harm befalls you it's by his permission, there is something better in that too, why are you hurting Zoya for something she isn't responsible and has no control over?" Asad was barely keeping his anger in check, if it wasn't for Zoya holding his hand, he would be blasting on Raziya. He never disrespects elders unless they are saying something wrong.

"Raziya if you have problem with my daughter you can leave, Zainab needs her daughter now. And this time I don't think Zainab will excuse you." Gafoor said in a composed tone.

"You are inviting problems what can I do." She said angrily leaving from there.  Three of them stood without speaking anything, a while later Humaira arrived with her cousins.

"Baji, when did you arrive?" Humeira hugged her sister.

"What happened?" She asked noticing their grave faces.

"Nothing, Humaira I am tired and even Asad needs rest, we will come back later Abbu" She said trying to have control on herself. Gafoor
nodded at Asad who blinked back in assurance. Asad asked her to wait while he gets a taxi, he booked a taxi, they loaded their luggage and got in.