Part Forty Nine

Part Forty-nine

"I am afraid Baji." Humaira spoke as they were trying to sleep, tomorrow was her Nikah and as various thoughts crossed her mind, she became more nervous. Zoya sighed softly, how can she help Humaira with her premarital jitters? She had no idea or recollection of the night and the day that followed, she was scared out of her wits thinking what will be Asad's fate, she was afraid for his wellbeing, it hadn't struck her about living alone with a man or being away from her family until she was at his house, because she wasn't expecting to be married, her only fear was she would be blamed again if something happens to Asad.

"Ya Allah always protect my Asad, keep him safe." Her lips moved silently making dua to Allah.

"It happens Humaira." She spoke comfortingly when Humaira complained again.

"I don't know Ayaan well enough, what conversation did we even have? Him colliding with me twice or thrice and he kept on apologizing? Or that one sane conversation we had with you and Bhai chaperoned us? Because I couldn't actually ask him anything when Abbu chaperoned us." Humaira whined sitting up.

"I am still curious, why didn't you speak infront of Abbu? I mean you were never shy from speaking your mind?"

"How can I ask infront of Abbu if Ayaan had any previous history with girls? How many girlfriend did he had? I mean even if he said it was past, he did seek Allah's forgiveness for that sin and is practicing now, Alhamdulillah Ayaan didn't have any girlfriends, but do you think Abbu would have accepted this proposal if previous one was the case? Because we knew what had happened with one of our cousin, though he had changed , his ex came back making both their lives difficult, how difficult it was to handle that situation. And I don't think I would have been able to accept it too while I stayed pure I would expect same from him too." She explained.

"Already covering up for Ayaan are you?" Zoya teased, she was surprised to see Humaira blushing instead of retorting back.

"You like him." Zoya stated.

"I am going to marry him, shouldn't I have feelings towards him. What do you expect me to do? Hate him? Act like I am just marrying because my parents want or I am doing some favor by getting married and I am too innocent for anything? I am a human Baji but not that good actor like others. Nikah is important part of every Muslim's life, it completes half of your deen and its natural to feel like you want a partner. Everything's going fine, my parents liked him, I was asked for my decision, I was given a choice after I was informed about him, because of you and bhai, I did get to talk to him in Halaal way, I thought and took a decision, he was a good guy, you can't miss a good proposal waiting for perfect one because no one is perfect." Humaira replied wittily. Zoya stared on as Humaira spoke, then she was back to being nervous.

"Relax Asad takes Ayaan's responsibility, he is Ayaan's guarantee." Zoya told her.

"I heard Abbu telling that Bhai was mistaken as his son." Humaira turned to look at Zoya. Zoya nodded with a soft smile.

"I am happy for you Baji, wasn't I right this was going to be a correct choice?"

"Alhamdulillah"

"Do you how happy we are for you? Everything that has happened but Asad Bhai still stayed as your support like a good husband. And you know, it was one of the reason I agreed to get married to Ayaan, it was Ayaan's deen that convinced me, I read it somewhere, if you marry a man who fears Allah then if likes his wife he will treat her good but even if he doesn't like her, he wouldn't harm and still treat her with respect out of love and fear of Allah."

"And in your case, Asad bhai loves you a lot!" Zoya shook her head, does Asad love her? Off course he does everything for her, he cares for her but he never told her if he loves her, but she was happy with acceptance of her feelings, if he can take care of her even without loving her then she can only imagine how much he would do for her if he loves her.