after school, i got home and went to pick up the baby who was sleeping. i held her and cried with her in my arms.

"why does mommy always do this? why does she always let guys screw her over?" i asked my two week old daughter.

i got a text from clay to come to the room quick. so i put down the baby and walked into the room when i heard clay yell.

"justin!" clay exclaimed. i ran over to the bathroom and saw justin with a line of coke in front of him.

"you called her? shut the fucking door!" he shouted at clay.

"what're you doing?!" i exclaimed.

"what the fuck does it look like i'm doing?" justin asked putting his nose down to the coke.

i turned around so i didn't see it, but i heard it and covered my mouth.

"you've been lying to me and to kylie." clay said to justin. "you've been getting high this whole time!"

"no. no, i don't get high anymore." justin said, walking past us. "i get by, i maintain, i fucking... i fucking survive!" he said to us.

"seth was telling the truth about the watch, wasn't he?" clay asked.

"whose watch? you idiots went to fucking see seth?! are you an that dumb?" i asked him.

"bryce's watch." clay replied.

"i didn't kill bryce!" justin exclaimed at clay right after.

"then help me believe you! tell me how you ended up with his watch!" clay exclaimed. justin sat down, clearing the white powder from his nose.

"no more lies, justin." i told him.

"okay. no more lies." justin said, beginning to explain to us that it was the watch he had taken from the funeral and that the oxy was something bryce gave him to wean him off the heroin.

"he gave you the drugs so he could control you." clay said to him. "same reason he ever gave you anything."

"no, this was different. he... was different." justin said.

"he's a user, justin. always was." i said to him.

"if anything, i was using him.

"but you didn't kill him?

"no." justin said.

"but you weren't with me that night." i said, looking down.

"no." he replied.

"where were you?" clay asked.

"with some other girl." i scoffed.

"no. i lied about that... after the homecoming game, i... i needed to get fucked up, so i did.

"where'd you go?" i asked, moving to sit next to him.

"down by the docks."

"how do i know i can believe you?" clay asked.

"how do i know i can believe you?" justin asked.

"why did you go to bryce for help?" i asked. "instead of me? or clay?"

"come on. you can figure that one out. clay detoxed me once, remember?" justin said.

"how do we get you clean now?" clay asked.

"we tell your parents. they send me away."

"they wouldn't." clay reassured.

"to a treatment center or a rehab, or some bullshit like that. maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. maybe i just... get the hell out of here and spare everyone the trouble." justin told us.

"you... you don't want to do that though, right?" i asked.

"i don't... i really don't." justin replied. clay sighed and got up, picking up a cardboard robot and pulling justin's oxy out of it.

"just so you know, i'd do anything for you." clay told justin.

"same." justin said. "anything."

"clay, can justin and i talk?" i asked.

"sure. i need to shower anyways." he said, grabbing his stuff and going inside the house to shower.

"so you didn't cheat on me?" i asked justin.

"no... i didn't." he replied.

"why would you try to push me away?" i asked.

"because you don't have to deal with all of my problems." he said to me.

"your problems are my problems, j. you're my family. any problem you have will become my problem because you're the love of my life, alright?" i asked him, kissing him.

"i love you too." he said, smiling.

"i'll see you in the morning." i told him, kissing him once more before leaving.