i couldnt stop myself. my body stuck out his hand and pulled the letter off the wall. the piece of tape still clinging to the wall. i had to read the letter. i just had to. i lowered my eyes to the paper and began, 

"Dear Ash,

it's been 4 months. youre still gone. like youre seriously gone. you said that you'd never leave me. not at least until it was time. and quite frankly it wasnt time, ash! you shouldn't have left me.dad and mom are in hysterics still. they both signed up for more hours and they're never home. im finally learninf how to cook bc theyre never home for more than 3 days. they never talk to me anymore and after our team won the championships for state, coach mason announced that we would be moving on to nationals! but mom sprung it. she told me that we were moving and that i wasnt allowed to go. i burst and had a hissy fit. i know. hissy fit? like wtf is wrong with me right? but i had to ash! i mean i won that championship for my team and they just swooped it from under my feet. how could they? now that im an only child they blame me for everything. it sucks, like bulls balls. i feel myself recoiling in to my little shy self that you worked so hard on to destroy. were gonna go to AI in new york city. to be artists. remember? we had a dream together. i've stopped drawing though. i just can't do it anymore. i-" but i could barely read the rest because she had started to cry, so i skipped to the bottom where i could read again.

"im sorry that im such a sap. but im really not. i just miss you. people tell me im still not the same. Amy, your girlfriend of 10 months, misses you so bad. she never emails me anymore. i think it just hurts her too much. but i get it, ya know? well i guess since i have written you a letter for the past i should stop. someone might find them and say im talking to dead people. 

god it hurts to say that. 

we use to be inseparable even though we were 2 years apart. do you remember that one Halloween where we went as Siamese cats and we held hands because it was the first Halloween where we went out without mom and dad. i remember when we went to Stewarts when i was 14 and you were 16 and that bully made me trip and you made him help me up. he never bullied me after that. remember? i smile every time i think of our moments. dont tell anyone but sometimes i think i hear your voice. and sometimes i see you in reflective surfaces. like i saw you in the coffee table at the therapists office and ive seen you in the car window when i was driving home on that rainy day after your funeral. i almost got in an accident that day. i dont know if you remember but you appeared in the passenger seat window and told me to switch into the left lane. i was crying too much to even see through the rain and the sound of the rain on the roof was annoying me. it gave me a head ache. but i listened to you. i swerved just in time to see a little girl fall off the side walk and in to the road. she quickly got up as i passed her, but if i was still in the right lane i wouldve hit her. and you knew that. and i thank you for that. i just still cant wait for the next time i see you. i love you ash. and i always will. even apart ill love you. i may be away from you. and i may never see your beautiful blue eyes again but i promise i'll always be with you at heart. 

-autumn leaf."

then  at the bottom his birth and death date was printed.

"he died when he was almost 18" a small voice said from behind me. i turned around and her eyes were wet again and her face was paler. "that song before, that was playing, was mine and his song. but now-" she hung her head as if to hide her sorrow and tears. or maybe it was the fact that she wanted to muffle her sobs, that broke my heart. i stepped forward and she matched mine as she walked in to my embrace. "he was all i had," she said between sobs, "my parents started to argue and they blamed themselves so they both agreed to work different schedules so they wont ever see each other. and sometimes i just get so-" she let out another sob. i held her close to my chest just where i've always held her, close to my heart. i shushed her. she hugged my waist as she cried deeply. i smoothed out her hair and whispered, "don't worry autumn, im here. i'll always be here."

she looked up at me threw her bangs. she looked so heartbroken so i led her to her bed and made her get under the covers.she looked at me and behind me quick towards the door. "but i only need you as a friend. i dont want anything else." it hurt but it hurt more to see her like this. so, i lied. 

"don't worry autumn, i like your sister lydia. she's anything i could want. now go to bed." and after that she smiled warily and i kissed her forehead. i turned and turned off her ipod and set the note on her dresser by the door. she mumbled a "night" as i shut off her light.but i turned around.

"autumn?" i asked through the dark.

"yes?" she answered with drowsiness.

"what was you and your brothers song?"

she sighed and hesitated, "chasing cars by Snow Patrol" 

i mumbled a thanks and exited the room. i walked downstairs and saw lydia on the couch. she turned to me and smiled shyly.

maybe i could begin to like her. she wasnt so bad. i just need to give up on autumn. its nothing personal. just id rather have her forever than have something go wrong and never see her again. i smiled back as if i were smiling to autumn and approached the couch. i sat down and lydia leaned her head on my shoulder.

"thank you. she really touchy when it comes to ash." she stated in one breath with urgency, as if she was waiting to open the gate to a lions den. i looked at her and nodded. so that was what autumn was looking at over my shoulder. she knew that lydia liked me and she didnt want lydia mad  at her.

smart little girl autumn was.

god bless her.

=========================

watcha think guys? 2 updates in one night. i think explains her and her situation a little better. 

well anywhoo. its 12:54 am in New York right now and i have school tomorrow. 

Peace guys.

comments? please lemme know whats up.