Chapter 6

Song of the week:

Cooler than me by Mike Posner

There’s now only 34 days left till school starts.

I’ve ignored the calls from Jay and Adam. I just don't need a boyfriend, nor want one. My mother is getting worried because I’m not hanging around with anyone. I avoid walking anywhere near our house. I’ve seen attempts of Adam walking to my house. he even tried to jump in front of my car. so far everyone I met in Minnesota are people I’ll never be friends with.

33 days till school

"Good morning Ubi," I said groggily to my beloved pet, on my pillow. I smiled at nothing and the semi-stretched. my muscles ached from the deep sleep. I cracked my toes one by one and cracked all 10 fingers. I sighed and threw the covers off of me.

Ubi jumped on my chest and whined like the baby she is. I smiled again, but this time at her. she's the one good thing about mina- freaking -sota.

**

Later on,

I got into my car and drove to the mall. I still needed a couple more things before school started up.

I decided to leave Ubi home for once. she was sleeping anyway and I hoped that she wouldn’t look for me.

At the mall I went in to at least 5 stores but none were of my liking. I went and got a smoothie, tired of finding nothing I liked. I ordered a medium strawberry smoothie with a dash of whipped cream. I opened the top just to eat the whipped cream with my fingers as I headed to Victoria's Secret.

I found nothing in Victoria’s Secret either! I took the escalator up to the next floor and went into a discounted clothes type-of-store.

I found many pairs of sweatpants and a couple sweatshirts. I bought some makeup and even a dark green Jasport backpack. I bought sunglasses too. that matched the backpack [almost]. I walked in the next door and bumped into someone it was a girl with black hair and deep brown eyes. she gasped and in that moment I realized that I had spilled my smoothie, what was left of it, on her.

"oh my-" she started to say, but I cut her off saying,

"I'm so sorry! please please please, let me buy you a new shirt please?"

she started turning red and broke out laughing. I smiled awkwardly as she nodded and spoke, "you can buy me a new shirt." she also added "by the way I’m Lydia"

we headed off and she joked about my face expression. I bought her shirt and myself a matching one because I liked it. we laughed a lot and it ended up leaving us with loads of bags and the sun down.

Her phone started ringing and she answered it and seemed sadder. she hung up and said that she had been 'summoned' home. I said sorry and gave her my number and headed home, by myself.

**

all night we texted non-stop.