Chapter 61

Chapter Sixty One

I didn't realize just how badly I'd screwed up until Yuma and I found Sasha crying.

I was a little startled to see her just sitting there on her knees, hands in her lap, bawling her eyes out with her head back and shaking from head to toe. Yuma bolted over to her side and wrapped her up in a protective hug, rocking her back and forth and murmuring in Russian.

She hiccuped and babbled something back, which made him stiffen in shock.

Yuma whipped his head to look at me. "Do you know this area?"

"Not really, why?" I asked, shaken by the unexpectedness of it all. "What happened?"

"Luka panicked and blindly ran off into the woods looking for me," he said, and I blinked since he looked a little grim. "Our kind are experts at navigating once we've familiarized ourselves with an area, but our Luka is a little... funny in the head. He gets lost very, very easily."

"Are you saying you won't be able to find him?" I asked, staring at him with guilt and rising dread in my throat. "What about sniffing him out? Can't you track him by smell?"

"What?" Yuma looked shocked and slightly offended. "No, of course not. Is that a joke?"

"No, I'm dead serious," I burbled, hating the way he frowned at me as he patted the crying woman's back. I inched back a step and tried to steel my nerves. "I thought... having an insane sense of smell was a satyr thing."

"Our senses are almost exactly the same as a human's," he told me, and my brows shot up. "In almost every way, aside from magically and physically, we are human. It could take days to scour these woods if he's still moving since they span hundreds of miles... he could have made it past the glamour barrier we cast, too. I hate to say it, but we may need to call for help."

Sasha wailed even louder and buried her face in his shoulder, clinging to his shirt. I shuffled awkwardly, feeling like a piece of shit.

I should have let them know it was a werewolf game before I threw him, I silently cursed, clenching my fists so hard that my nails cut my palms. Fuck... I messed up.

"I'll find him and bring him back," I growled, and Yuma snapped his eyes to meet mine; his whole expression changed at whatever he saw on my face. I knew I looked scary when I was upset, I'd been told by many people I looked like a serial killer because of how aggressive my features already were. "You may not be able to track him, but I can."

Sasha pulled away and looked at me with puffy, desperate eyes.

"You find my Luka?!" she cried, mouth quivering violently. "You go find him?!"

"Yeah, all I need is something that belongs to him, a piece of clothing, a shirt, something that he's touched a bit," I said, and Sasha gasped before lunging up and galloping away from Yuma, who pushed himself upright and followed. I did so as well, trailing behind him all the way back to their campsite, where I saw Sasha digging around in a big brown satchel.

After a few seconds she muttered something in Russian and pulled out what looked like a loincloth. My brows rose when she turned and held it up with desperation on her face.

"This work?!" she asked me, loping right over to me and holding it out. Her eyes were practically begging me to do something, so even though it was kinda gross since the article of clothing had literally been touching her husband's balls, ass, and dick, I took it.

The things I do for people, I silently bemoaned. I felt uncomfortable with the way they were watching me, so I closed my eyes before flaring my nostrils and taking a deep breath in.