Chapter 168

Author's note: Double surprise! Another very long chapter! Hehe! Enjoy everyone!

________

Chapter One Hundred and Sixty-Eight

We barely made it onto the flight.

Even with Bash being a speed demon on the roads, we'd had like two minutes to actually get onto the plane from the gate. I'd vastly underestimated the steps needed to get on a flight since, surprise, this was my first time actually stepping foot into an airport of any sort.

It had been total chaos--and not the good kind, either!

First, Bash had given us all our plane tickets and quickly manufactured passports while we'd been making a beeline for the nearest reception desk, where they'd printed a luggage tag and given us all baggage claim tickets to use just in case our stuff got lost, and while they'd taken our luggage to get labeled and put on the conveyor belt to be sent to our plane, the check-in assistant had scanned the IDs, passports, plane tickets, and Sebastian's confirmation number.

Then, we'd been forced to go through security, where we'd had a horrifying scare with the airport cop wanting my brother and I to take off our illusionary boots, and we'd only gotten out of that predicament because Bash had intelligently explained that the boots themselves were incredibly difficult to put back on. The security guy fully intended to cause problems, but Sebastian had whipped out a paper of some sort, explaining that he was not only a first-class flier and a V.I.P. for the airline, but he also worked with the company's head honcho.

Like, the boss's boss or something. 

Apparently, the paper he'd pulled had either been the real deal or super convincing, because the security guy had gone paler than a corpse and had apologized profusely to us, thankfully letting us go just as our flight gate was about to close. After all that crap, we'd frantically rushed to our flight gate amidst the overwhelming stench of bad airport food and unwashed people.

And then, we'd at last gotten ourselves into the line leading to the boarding area, rushing onto the plane only seconds before the airline staff started to close it off. And then came the worst part, at least for me: being on the plane itself and having the overwhelming smells hit me.

"Oh, God!" I retched, coughing as my eyes watered. "Oh, that's rank!"

I gagged involuntarily, trying so hard not to vomit right there in the isle as he led the way towards the back of the plane, where a pretty black flight attendant with cornrows was standing, hands folded, a pleasant customer service smile plastered on her lips.

She stepped in front of Sebastian and raised a hand.

"May I see your boarding pass, please?" she pleasantly asked, showing teeth with her smile. "This is the way to first class."

"Hn," Bash grumbled, pulling it out of his pocket and holding it out. She took it, scanned it, and nodded before moving aside and waving him along. "They're with me. They all have passes."

I held mine up, along with my ticket, when she looked behind us.

I assumed that Sasha and Luka did, too, since she nodded after looking behind me. 

"Understood, sir. Thank you for flying with us today!" she said in a polite tone, smiling at each of us as we passed her. I actually froze when we made it into the next area, though, because there was suddenly a hell of a lot more room and there were actual reclining chairs.