Chapter 55

Author's warning: This chapter is a bit spicy and includes very sensual and intimate descriptions. Read at your own risk... or just enjoy, I know how most of you guys are. ❤❤ Also, thanks to Snuggleswitu and ambermoon3105 for being amazing human beings. The people who follow my work make me realize time and time again that I'm not alone with my struggles. It hits me over and over that all of you care about how I'm doing just as much as you do my writing. Words can't express how good that makes me feel.

I'm sick at present, but I'm doing the best I can, and I've been keeping myself occupied by writing and paying attention to my health. Don't worry. I am alive and I am happy... sorta. I'm still a depressed lil' limabean, but I'm trying hard to grow lol. Anyway, enjoy the chapter. Like the last one, its longer than usual. ❤😁

_____________

Chapter Fifty Five

"Wow," Kat said upon seeing how my apartment was decorated, stopping dead. "You have really nice furniture. I didn't figure you for a leather guy, though."

"I didn't pick it out, my pack did," I informed her, heading into the kitchen and opening the fridge to grab a can of Pepsi soda and some of Daniel's homemade tea which had been put in a huge steel container. It had just the right amount of sugar for it to taste good. "I'm sure they had a lot of fun putting it together. Darryl was pretty excited to show it off."

"Black leather is easy to clean and also looks suave," she noted, flopping down on the cushy love seat that had been pushed against the wall. She bounced a bit, then leaned back with a sigh. "Your family must really love you if they'd go out of their way to do stuff like this."

"Yeah, in that regard I'm obscenely lucky," I said, smiling as I righted myself and headed into the living room with a fresh glass of tea in one hand and her pop in the other. She seemed surprised when I held it out, but took it nonetheless. "Can you wait here for a second?"

"Sure, but where are you going?" she asked, popping the top on the can with a snap and a hiss of displaced carbonated air. I heard the liquid bubbling and shuddered. I only liked two types of soda, Root Beer and old fashioned Cream Soda, since both had very natural flavors and were perfect when mixed with ice cream. Sensitive tongues and prickly soda didn't mix well.

"I'm gonna go talk to Echo and ask him if he wants to watch movies with us," I informed her, and she raised her brows in surprise; the look confused me. "What's that face for?"

"Echo is a boy?" she asked, bewildered. "He sounded exactly like a girl when I talked to him."

"He's a shape shifter," I explained, and she made an 'ah' noise. "I'll be right back, okay? If he wants to watch movies with us I'll have to have him bite me first to stave off his thirst and make sure he's nourished. Then, once I've gotten him situated out here I'll make us some lunch."

"Wait, you can cook?" she asked, watching as I headed down the hall.

"Not really, but I dabble a little!" I called back. "I'm gonna learn how with Pop sometime soon! He wants cooking to be our thing now that I'm out in the world and preparing myself for things like independent studies and furthering my education. Give me a minute, though!"

"Sure!"

I poked my head inside the bedroom to see that Echo was waiting almost eagerly for me, and his eyes lit up when I smiled at him. I could tell that he'd been listening from the look on his face, and without prompting he held out his arms to me and flapped them.