Chapter 131

Author's note: Sorry about the huge delay. I'm still super sick and back in the hospital with bronchitis and a sinus infection. Thankfully not covid for the third time, but still, it sucks. I'll try to update as much as I possibly can. I did edit a few things in previous chapters, though, because I was rereading when I wasn't on pain meds and realized I kinda disliked a few of my own explanations in later chapters. I feel like my pacing in this book has been pretty off because of the frequent dips in my health, but I can't really tell. What do you guys think?

Anyhoo, please be safe, my lovelies. I cherish every single one of you. Each name that I've seen leaving a vote or a comment or even sending me a heartwarming DM is a precious life that exists somewhere on this beautiful blue planet, and each one of you needs to take care of it. You're all precious to me. Even if we never interact, or say hello, I value you guys. As readers. As followers. As friends. As people who, for whatever reason, simply seem to enjoy all of the whacky things that come out of MY BRAIN and wind up here.

PS: I'm looking for another app that behaves similarly to wattpad just in case they decide to remove SLEEPSONG and HORNS without warning. I'm probably just being paranoid, but my works are like my babies. I pour all of myself into them to make sure they grow up well and that people can love them just as much as I do. I don't want to watch them get destroyed. So, help me? I'm not sure where to post for people to read that's easily accessible and readable for free like Wattpad is. My works have already been backed up, just in case.

Anyway, enjoy the chapter.

And don't worry. I prefer to stay on wattpad. This is just in case.

________

Chapter One Hundred and Thirty One

It was cold.

The moment I walked out of the hill house, my entire body was bathed in icy air, sending shivers down the bare skin of my spine and making me wanna curl into a little ball. The inviting heat behind me almost made me pull back in for a second, but a single glance at all the satyrs who were still dancing and playing music and laughing around the huge bonfire deterred me.

Several of them were watching me curiously, heads cocked, ears flicking, but it wasn't until a certain hulking blonde jumped up from where he'd been sitting near the bonfire that my attention diverted.

I tensed when Dari started loping towards me with a bleat. I waited silently until he stopped moving, an inch from me, bulky chest actually bumping my own as he brought his face uncomfortably close. His features were rugged and handsome and he definitely did not look like a kid in his mid teens, but maybe it was more his broad chest and the facial hair he was sporting that gave me such an impression.

His eyes were wide and blue and genuinely nervous. 

"Hey," I said, planning on asking where my pack had gone, but he snatched my shoulders and squeezed tightly; pale blue eyes drilled into my own, eyebrows furrowing. 

"You no hurt now?" he asked, gaze darting down to the dried blood on my stomach and the stains on my jeans. "You no bleeding now?"

"I'm fine," I quietly replied. "Now, can you tell me where--"

I was suddenly smothered with a hug and a loud goatlike scream hit my ears. I grunted, muffled by the bare skin of his chest as he bounced in place, swinging his body and prancing from hoof to hoof in the snow, tail wagging so hard his whole ass went right along with it.

"Yay!" he brayed, pulling back and giving me a dazzlingly bright grin, fuzzy ears raised. "Yay! Yay! Dari cousin okay now! What name?! Where come from?! You not be pale in skin like tribe! Never seen eyes like cousin have! Very pretty, and shine, like fire! And who be strangers that come from Granpapka home?! There so many! Where come from?! How old is cousin?! How get so big and strong and--"