Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

The bouncer looked mean.

Don't get me wrong, he was a handsome guy and he definitely had a good body, but even with his dirty blonde hair and periwinkle blue eyes and low-set eyebrows and that square, clean-shaven jaw... something about him made me more than a little agitated and uncomfortable.

Even from where I was standing behind fifteen other people waiting in the heat to get inside, I had a bad vibe about him since I could see the fierce glances he kept shooting at me. I snorted through flared nostrils and glared him down, brow furrowed, not willing to avert my eyes. A bit of my own alpha instinct kicking in, I assumed.

He remained silent, standing by the door while security checked people's ID cards. Only when he glanced away to say something to the guy letting people through did I break my own gaze to check and see if my wallet was still in my pocket. I sighed in relief, then shifted on my crutches and leaned close to Erika's ear.

"Do you have your ID?" I whispered, smiling to make us look less suspicious.

"Yeah," Erika said, pulling said ID out of her purse and flicking it up between two fingers. "Why?"

"Because then we'd have to sneak in, which is against the law, pretty much," Kip chuckled. "But you know, stuff like that is nothing new for us, right Horst?"

I thought of all the times we'd gotten drunk and done stupid shit as minors and smirked. "Nope, nothing new."

Erika shrugged and put her ID back in her purse.

I pulled my wallet out and flipped it open to stare at my own admittedly falsified ID. On it was my actual date of birth, some false information on my eye color being brown, my actual height, my weight, the beach house's address, and a variety of other important details about myself. 

The picture on it, however, had been taken before we'd left.

Sebastian himself had forged my ID that very night using strange government-oriented machines he kept hidden away in his home office. After that, he'd hopped on his laptop and had, in under ten minutes, hacked into what I was almost completely certain was an official police database--along with several American Governmental ones--and had falsified my existence.

"Just in case you do something stupid and get yourselves in trouble," he'd said.

"Did you just hack into governmental stuff?" I'd asked.

"Yup."

"Uh... isn't that dangerous?"

"Not for me," he'd told me, looking completely unbothered as he'd clacked away on his computer, fingers flying a mile a minute. "I have supernatural contacts all over the world, including high ranking military officials and people who work at the Pentagon. I also have unrestricted access to stuff like this since I pretty much invented these databases."

"Wait, you did what?"

"You heard me. It's no secret that Math is second language to me," he'd grunted. "I sold the rights to use this strain of code to the United States government far too many years ago to count, but the systems themselves won't be improved upon or updated. If they attempt do so, all the information currently stored inside the databases will be wiped clean, and they know it."

"We'll be fine, regardless," I said, pocketing my wallet. "We have Bash looking out for us."

"Whatever you say," Erika sighed, flapping her hand to fan her face. She stopped for a second, then smirked and turned to elbow me. "Dude, Horst, the bouncer is totally checking you out."