CHAPTER 32 - AUTHORITY

Comenzar desde el principio

"Speak." I said, "one of you."

Tracy pulled the woman's hair as she swore at us, the man's face scrunched up in pain as he tried his hardest to hold onto his knee for comfort.

"Now." She added, the woman sighed and looked at the man before turning her face in my direction, "This is war all linked with business deals." The woman said, "it's been this way for years."

Once she said those words, I frowned as I looked at the floor. My mother is involved again? That doesn't sound surprising but why do I keep telling myself it's a lie? My mother is no longer the same woman as she was before. If I ever meet him, I'll end this business deal for good.

"Hoyt will dispose of Adam as he wishes. He's not dead because of you." The man said, looking at the woman with a glare.

"What is Hoyts true identity?" Eagle asked

"No one has seen him- as far as we all know." The woman answered.

I stayed quiet as I looked at them both, moving the cylinder that stores the bullets in and out of place. The constant clicking rang in the room as everyone looked at me, waiting for my next move.

"Is that everything you know?" Tracy asked.

They nodded.

She walked towards me before hugging me as she leaned near my ear.

"It's your choice now." She said, as she stared at them.

I nodded as I looked at them both. To kill or be killed. That was a question with a stupid answer. To kill has always been my resolve but now, I wouldn't allow myself to do it. Or would I?

Walking towards them both, I looked at them dead in the eyes.

"You won't join Hoyt again." I said without thinking.

"Why the bills? My family! What about them?" The man said, as he scowled.

"Swear an oath to me. I care about your family, I'm not cruel and no I won't kill you." I answered

They looked at eachother and met my eyes.

"Well, I'll give you some time to decide. Bring the guards back to cover the doors. Also, bring some food for them."

"But they-" Eagle protested as he waved his hands around. Tracy stayed quiet.

"They did it for their family. Do not question me. Guards, you know where to take them if they comply." I said blankly.

Tracy looked at me with a small smile. My training wasn't to kill sensesly. Otherwise, I would turn into Hoyt or one of these henchmen. All I need to do is Tracys words "remember what you're making their family lose." and that will determine if they need to die.

No one needs to die, yet.

This is just the beginning. Hoyt will definitely die in my hands and my hands alone.

I didn't glance back as I walked out of the room to go to the lounge, my footsteps echoed before the door slammed shut.

---

Tracy looked at everyone as she spoke, "I have a new task for you- Eagle you're coming with us. Please guard this whole area and yes I need all fifty of you. Night and day shifts and any new information please tell us through the new phone's you have received. Feel free to contact others if you have their phone number."

"It's a thank you for your hard work," I added, "Are there any chefs here with food supplies?"

One of the women smiled at me as she pulled a man forward with her and raised her hand enthusiastically.

"Yes, us! I'll need someone to get the food supplies."

"Please cook food for them accordingly, here is the kitchen." Tracy said as she showed them where the kitchen was.

Eagle showed the others the surveillance room was as he stopped caring that Grant would see. He wouldn't be able to sell it anymore. He stopped reading his book and sat with Georgie who watched us all carefully, especially me.

"If you do this for us, I will guarantee that all of you will live a much better life. This will be your last job. So stay alive for me... and for Adam." I said as they gathered around after being shown the rooms.

Most of them smiled as they agreed with me.

"I promise you that." I muttered, as Eagle and Tracy stood next to me with our backpacks.

"You've finally gotten back to being yourself with them." Eagle said before grinning and Tracy looked at us both before dismissing everyone.

"Wait, really?" I said, looking at Georgie. I need to say something.

"Yes, just look at their faces, we all thrived off the hope you gave us." He said, "I'm glad it's back Dani, but remember to have some hope for yourself too. Your job is much more complex. They have to guard this place and monitor us. This is all on us."

"I know, thank you." I muttered, not paying attention to what he said.

Going to Georgie, I watched her as she tears up. Kneeling next to her, I wrapped my arms around her as she cried and hung onto my jacket as if her life relied on it. I breathed in as my throat became dry and my eyes watered. I can't cry.

"I'll miss your cuddles," I said quietly so that no one else could hear me, she nodded before smiling.

"I'll miss you, please come back. Don't leave me." She said with tears streaming down her pale face. She's getting worse.

"I'll bring Adam back," I said softly, "Be strong for me, okay?

"Bye for now, Georgie." I muttered.

"I love you." I said as I let her go and walked to the door.