Chapter 23 - TRAINING

CHAPTER 23 - TRAINING

"You lot, there's something I need to tell you." She said, "I have a lead on where Adam could be."

We all looked at her for a moment, I was the first to turn away. She slammed the door shut and locked it as if she was used to coming here. Right, I never asked who she was. I never asked Adam or Eagle about her. Grant tried to keep Georgie occupied with her book but as expected it failed. She was more than keen to listen, I wondered if she was scared, she never really spoke about it. I think it'll be for the best if she did as I feel more awe for her than pity which was surprising.

"Explain." I muttered as I got up and walked to the window, "I don't know your name or who you really are."

Eagle glanced at me before turning to his manager, he completely changed with her around. He was more focused and empty. Does Eagle lose his happiness living this kind of way? The life within him was visibly drained, the more I thought, the more I realised how little I knew about them all. All I have is speculations, I can't be so focused on getting my memories anymore. What if I never get them back? I would have wasted all of my time when I should have adjusted to my new life. And with that, I knew that I couldn't stop myself. Adam is gone because of me- so is this whole town. I can't stop now.

"Tracy," The woman answered with a frown, "One of my boys said they saw them take Adam into a warehouse in the other district nearby the river."

Eagle raised his eyebrow.

"All the way over there? It's been two weeks. How the hell are we gonna get there on our own?"

throughout the trip. WIth that said, it'll take us a while for Dani to get back into shape." Tracy

"Simple, Grant and Georgie will stay here. Dani and you will go there, I'll guide you said before tying her black hair up into a ponytail.

Georgie looked away once she said that, her eyes watered as she met my eyes. I could tell what she was thinking, if I were to die- if we were all to die, she would have no one. Within a few seconds, she composed herself and sighed. Georgie knew the reason, she knew she couldn't come because it was dangerous. Was she really safe to begin with?

Fiddling with my thumbs, I never thought that it would be like this. If I listened to what Adam said before, would he be here right now? The only way we could have escaped was if we resulted to murder and that alone scared me. Just how many people have I killed?

"You're no better than me.You've done some bad things too. You just don't remember." Adam muttered.

Sighing, I looked outside for a moment before nodding my head. Should I trust Tracy? That's my only option right now. She's our best bet.

"Good." Tracy said as she walked up to Eagle and sorted his collar out, "Dani, get changed into this."

She grabbed her bag and chucked a black and red tracksuit to me which had the same theme as the group in white from before. I'm going to join their gang?

"This was yours when I trained you." She said before furrowing her eyebrows, "I'm completely disgusted with what the other instructors did to you. For that, I'm very sorry."

Soon, everything fell into place. I somewhat understood why the instructors betrayed me but I couldn't remember Tracy, I analysed her face and her clothes but I didn't feel anything- no reminders or triggers. Georgie stopped listening and started to unpack my bag for the things I would need, Grant read the book he was reading to Georgie and Eagle stood next to me.

"What are you on about?" Eagle said, looking at both of us.

I didn't say anything at first, I wanted to know what Tracy had to say.