A special day for a mother.

Alfred awoke in his husbands arms, he blinked a few times. He was trying to remember something but he wasn't quite sure what.

He heard whispering voices and he raised an eyebrow. He looked over and saw a few of his precious states standing in a huddle whispering.

He gently got out of Ivan's arms and sat up. The states didn't even notice he had awoken. Ivan woke up because of the lack of Alfred. He sat up as well and looked at the states.

"You have something you want to share?" Alfred asks and the states jump.

The states in the room were Colorado, Michigan, Delaware, Alaska, and California. They all looked at the two in the bed.

"Um..." They all say at once looking at each other wildly.

The other states come in soon after, Ivan slips out of bed knowing what was going on. Alfred watched him leave with a raised brow.

The states all flood the room and surround the bed. Hawaii and Alaska stand in front holding a tray of food.

Then, all at once they say "Happy Mother's Day!!"

Alfred smiles as his heart beats with the pride and love for his children. He takes the tray and sees a simple breakfast with waffles. Mattie would kill him if he knew.

He starts crying, he's just so happy with his children doing all this for him, though. If they wrecked his kitchen they would be crying for a different reason.

"Mommie, don't cry" Hawaii says innocently

Alfred just smiles and wipes his tears. The other states are used to him crying because he cries every single year.

"You didn't have to do all this for me." Alfred says

"Yes, we/they do." Everyone else in the room said, this includes Ivan.

"Really, y'all don't need ta do this?" Alfred said slipping into a southern accent.

"Ma you deserve everythang." Texas said and the others nodded.

They spent the rest of the day just hanging out with their mother. They went to a smaller amusement park and scared the entire staff with their kare numbers.

Then, they went home and had dinner made by Alfred. They didn't want him to cook everything but Alfred really wanted to make dinner.

After dinner, the States all helped their mother make cookies and Hawaii, Alaska, and Arizona all stole cookie dough. Alfred couldn't get mad at them.

Then, they all had cookies and found themselves in the living room. Alfred was sitting in Ivan's lap naturally and Ivan was petting his hair. The fire crackled slightly where it burned.

The states all sat on the surrounded couches or floor. They all had a card and different shaped presents.

"Mom, we got you presents. We're gonna give them to you alphabetically. Then, once they're handed out you can open them." Delaware explains and Alfred nods

The states then start to pile presents, Alabama first obviously, followed by Alaska and the others.

Then, after the piles of presents and cards were formed, Alfred gently opened all of them one by one. He would cry at each card no matter what it said. He was really emotional when the states dod literally anything just for him.

"Thank you, so much. All of you" Alfred says holding countless stuffed animals to his chest.

"You're welcome Ma/Mama/Mommie/Mom" The states say at once.

Then, Alfred takes all the gifts and lovingly puts them in a warehouse full of mother day gifts sorted by who gifted the present. That night he goes to sleep happily in Ivan's arms and Ivan is just there to whisper sweet nothings into his ear.

A/N- I tried...

What is editing?

Happy mother's day!