A wedding

The ceremony is beautiful, Alfred will admit. The room decorated with sunflowers and many different flowers. Plum blossoms, peony, chrysanthemum, and orchids. The bride couldn't choose just one.

Ivan was handsome, wearing a white suit. He was nervous and it was Alfred's job as best man to calm him down.

Alfred was Ivan's only friend, so Ivan asked him to be best man. It hurt so much yet Alfred accepted.

His heart was in so much pain it numbed itself, he couldn't feel anymore as they waited for the bride to come out.

Yao was breathtaking, he was wearing a long red dress with gold trim. The sleeves were long and in his hand was a bouquet. His hair was down and had a beautiful golden headpiece.

The Chinese man looked at Ivan and you could feel the love and affection between them. Warm brown on violet.

Alfred was numb. The holy man might as well be speaking gibberish since Alfred could only see Ivan and Yao. Happy together.

Vows were exchanged, he didn't listen to Yao's but Ivan's, he couldn't miss that. The Russian would stumble a bit and say things in Russian but the message was clear.

When they kissed, Alfred felt what was left of his heart shatter. Little pieces of his heart flew away with the wind, permanently damaging it.

He didn't remeber after that, only going through the motions with the most fake smile he had ever pulled off.

He wanted to cry but he also felt numb. The wedding ended and he stumbled home, taking off the suit he was wearing.

He curled up immediately and just cried. Tears flowing like rivers, he just cried and cried. There was no end.

He felt something fall, he looked down and saw his heart. It was batterd and bleeding with pieces missing. He grew cold without his heart but, he didn't hurt any more.

He set it aside and stood, gently brushing off the under clothes he was wearing. He had so much work to do.

Then, in a non-stop way he started working day and night. Like he was running out of time.

Work got done quickly and he even made headway on paying his debts. China already stole what he loved most so why not give him the money he owes as well?

Alfred was numb all the time, he felt nothing and his heart still sat to the side. Untouched since the wedding.

There was a meeting today, it has been glaring at him for the past week on his calendar. For the weeks after the wedding, he tried to keep up the charade but gave up today. What was the point?

Alfred made it to the meeting, brief case in hand. He didn't smile, he didn't even try to smile. He sat down with his stuff and just started working.

The others were looking at him strangely, he didn't care to acknowledge them. He had better things to do.

The meeting started, the others were looking outside wondering if the world had ended. Yet, New York stood there all the same.

Ivan and Yao were sitting next to each other, while not openly engaging in PDA it was pretty obvious.

The topic was overpopulation. Alfred had written something on a piece of paper but he crumpled it up. It was stupid anyway.

"America, you're turn to present." Germany said and Alfred stood.

He stalked up to the front and blankly looked at the others for a seacond coming up with an idea. They looked at him, mostly frightened unless your Ivan of course.