131. Dark path (Kim Burgess)

For Multiiiifan 🥰

KIM'S POV:

I woke up in the morning feeling like crap. The alcohol has worn out but it left me with a terrible headacke. I coverd my head with the pillow, trying to go back to sleep or at least silence the hammer that was pounding on my brains. My phone suddenly vibrated and I read the text Voight has sent me. "Double homicide. Meet me at the scene." I read out loud rolling my eyes. "Today was a day off." I groaned.

I was the last one on the scene which was unusual because I was always the first to show up, trying to impress my boss. After popping two aspirines in my mouth, splashing them with a sip of water I jumped out of the car. "Hey guys." I greeted, trying to awoid eye contact.

"Glad you could make it." Voight raized his brows but didn't think much of the good cop. "Come, you ride with me today." He sat in his suv and closed the door, waiting for me to sit next to him.

"Where are we going?" I played with the hem of my shirt, trying to hide my red eyes.

"To inform the mother of those dead girls." Hank looked at me. "You are gonna do it."

I gulped down looking at the elder woman sitting on the porch, waiting for their daughters that will never came. "Boss I..." I closed my eyes thinking of my own pain. "Can you go with me?"

***

Adam walked to the locker room, hearing loud sniffle sound coming from behind. "Kim?" He kneeled down, grabbing my hand. "Is everything okay?" I wiped away the tears and put on a fake smile. "Don't do this, I know you too well." He traced outline of my thumb with his. "I know you are not okay. Not ever since..."

"Don't." I warned. "Don't say his name." A few tears escaped my eye.

"I know loosing Sam and then Blair was hard for you." Adam grabbed my hand but I pulled it away, fast.

I chuckled. "You have no idea what hard is Adam." I rolled my eyes. "I had to watch both of my boyfriends die in front of my eyes." I scream.

Adam pulled me closer towards him, hugging me tightly. "I'm so sorry Kim. So sorry." He rocked me back and forth when I tried to get away from his grip.

"You are not sorry." I cry even harder. "You left when thinga got hard." I stop trying to escape him because I know his gripp is to strong.

He loosened his grip on me and exhaled hard. "I know you have been drinking and using drugs." He admitted. "Sure I left but I have been taking care for you all this time." He stood up, pecking my cheeks. "I will never say this ever again but Kim, you need help." He looked me dead in my eyes and I realized he was right. I lean my back on the locker, falling down until I hit the ground.