95. That shoot was ment for me (Jay Halstead)

Requested by user972326482680

Inteligance has been strugling with this case for the whole week now. Everyone was tired but we couldn't afford any mistakes.

"Okay so what do we know so far?" Hank walked out of his office and sat down on Kevins desk.

Antonio stood up and walked towards the big screen. "Mr. Peterson is still hidding, he was last seen a weak ago in the market."

"We now conected him to three more homicides from a year ago." Y/N continued.

"He is a very dangerous suspect and we need to be carefull when dealing with him." Hank ordered. "Lets go out on the streets, maybe he will come out.

Jay walked towards Y/N and pulled her by her sleeve. "I just wanted to say that I..."

"Lets roll..." Hank interupted. "Peterson was spoted downtown by the old railroad."

"Well talk later." Y/N smiled at her partner and grabbed a vest and a gun.

Ten minutes later the inteligance unit was on a steak out, sitting in their cars. Hank was partnered with Al, Kevin was bickering with Kim about beging with Adam again, Adam and Hailley were still not speaking since their break up and Y/N was chatting with Jay about his familly dinner last night.

"I need to take a leak. I'll be right back." Jay informed and slowly closed the door to his black chevrolet. He went and stood next to the old tunnel.

He must of just got there when Y/N spotted Peterson walking in the tunel on the west side. She told everybody he was armed on the radio and she spoted Jay's radio on the seat. "Damn Jay."

When she raized her head Jay had his gun drawn and he started running in the tunnel. Y/N quickly ran after him in the darkness. She saw them running and Jay was only a few meters behind. She ran after them and just when Jay would jump on him Peterson turned around and took a shot.

Jay was ducked behind a wall but a body fell. Y/N layed there barely breathing. Jay turned around and ran to her, leaving Peterson to escape. He didn't care about him while the person he is in love with lays there in blood.

"Y/N?" He called but she didn't respond. He walked closer and saw blood running out of the wound on her neck. "Fuck, don't try to talk." He ordered, tears started to garted in his eyes. He has been in this line of work for way to long to know this wound is bad, very bad. "You're gonna be okay". He lyed.

The other team members ran towards them, one of them holding Peterson in handcufs. They saw Jay laying his head on top of Y/N's body. She was gone. "Buddy c'mon!"

Adam tried to pull him away but he clenged on to her. "I never told her how I feel..." he cried. "And now it's too late." He stood up and screamed. "This shot was ment to me." He looked at Peterson. "You pray for death sentance or I swear I will kill you myself."