108. Keeping a secret (Jay Halstead)

Everything was perfect. Your life, your job, your friends and your relationship. Everything was perfect until Jay started acting weird all of a sudden.

He would stay out late after work and he wouldn't talk to you about everything like he used to. When you tried to kiss him he would only act like he likes it. He was distant.

"Hey, do you wanna go out with Hailey and Adam tonight?" You sat down next to him at dine table when he was eating breakfast. "It will be fun."

He looked at you with no emotions. "Yes, why not." He kissed your cheek and for a second it felt like you got your old Jay back.

Later you caught a case and Jay was partnered up with Hailey. You saw them leaving but only she returned. "Where's Halstead?" Hank stopped Hailey right when we were about to return to offices.

"He had to go somewhere, personal matter." She explained but there was something else, something she didn't tell.

Jay hadn't return until the shift ended so the next morning when he wasn't at work you decided to talk to Hailey. "Have you heard from Jay? He isn't returning my calls."

"No not since yesterday." She paused. "Didn't he came home last night?"

"No." I answered. I was worried. "He sometimes stays ay Will's house I'll give him a call."

A few hours later Hank bursts through the door. "Halstead was kidnapped." He looked directly at you. "His car was located at a house and they found blood inside."

Your heart sank when you heard about this. "Whose house? Do we have any lead?"

"House belongs to Lidia Waincroft, the wife of a man Jay has put to jail last year, by accident, and he was killed before we could get him out." Hank paused. "We have a suspect downstairs. Come." Hank held the door for you and led you to the man, locked in a cage. "He's all yours."

You walk in and start asking him questions. He was silent so you gave him a small slap. "I will ask you one more time. Where is Jay?" You punched him in his nose and broke it.

"I should report you for this." He screamed.

You looked ay Hank. "For what? Did you see anything?"

Hank nodded. "No just a bastard assaulting one of my cop."

"Guys I have an address." You ran upstairs. "It's five minutes away."

"I'm not even gonna ask how you got it." Hank chuckled. "Okay let's get our officer back."

All the bad guys were laying dead on the floor and the only thing standing between you and your tied up boyfriend was five feet of air but you couldn't ran towards him. You felt betrayed.

"Y/N!" Jay called after you when you walked out.

Hailey untied him. "She will come around." She chuckled. "You should see what she did to the guy who refused to tell us where you are."

"C'mon let's get you checked by the doctors." Hailey suggested but was refused.

Jay stood up. "I got to go and make things right."

Jay ran outside to his girlfriend who was crying. "I thought you were sleeping with her I'm sorry."

"No, no baby I should've told you everything but..." he cried.«It's my fault she lost her husband."

"It's okay." You held his hand. "Let's go talk at home after you visit hospital."